Chapter 3: Please Not Again

**Dean's POV**

Dana has fallen asleep in my lap, she's freezing I'm trying to keep her warm. She must be coming down with something because last time I checked she wasn't like this when she was pregnant with the boys. "Poor thing pregnancy drains her that badly. How far along?" Jamie asked, can hear the concern in his voice, "She hasn't said, we do have a scan coming up to find out. I would say a few weeks along." I said looking down at her, "Fuck she got drunk the other night." Jamie said with worry in his voice. "I know," I said just as worried, Jamie turns the station over to sports as the boys aren't really watching whatever that child show was. I take a sip of my coffee and look at him. "How much do you remember from last night?" I ask quietly trying not to wake my sleeping beauty on my lap.

"I remember being at the pub talking to Ethan, he fucking knew about it. Monica never told him their mother told him." He said can hear the venom in his voice, "That's shit man, do you remember coming here?" I asked, "No, not really snippets of conversation with you but not much." He said pulling his thinking face that he always does. "Well, what are you going to be doing? Staying with her and try to work this out or dump and run?" I asked.

"But how? I look at him and I keep thinking of what those three men in his blood family have done to my own family." He said sounding in so much pain, I get it but it's not the boy's fault. "I know, but no child should be punished for the sins of their father's. If you knew half the shit myself or Aaron have done, shit even Dana. Would you think the same about us and our children?" I asked trying not to sound hurt, "No cause what you have done was to keep our country safe. But none of you kidnapped, raped, bashed up Dana." He said like I need to be reminded of the hell she has been through. "Jamie, you're not getting it are you?" I asked quietly.

"What?" He asked, "Aaron and Myself are just as bad or even worst with the shit I have done, knowing Aaron has done worst than me. Dana doesn't even know all of it, she only knows snippets of my past. But I would be pissed if someone judged my children for the hell I have caused." I said with authority to my voice, "And I know next to jack shit from you." He snapped at me, "Yes, how I like it you, Tony, and dad in the dark fewer people for the people who hate me to come after." I said, "And your point? I can fucken handle it Dean I was a medic I have seen shit too Dean." He snapped at me, "Stop thinking of your son like that. No good way about it, to him you're his dad, your all he knows, he won't know about his blood father unless you tell him. I know that you have seen shit Jamie that is not what I am keeping from you, it's national security type of secrets which I will never share so stop fucking asking." I snapped at him towards the end.

"What if Dana is pregnant with a girl, aren't you scared my son could hurt her? Ok, I get it I do Dean no need to snap at me for it." He said, "I will always be scared of someone hurting my children, but I am hoping with this family around him he has less of a chance of becoming like them." I said, "You really think that?" He asked me, "We have way too much darkness in this family a little hope is always needed." I said, "True" Is all he said while I wait for him to continue which he doesn't, "You didn't answer my question." I said to him.

"I do love her, but I am unsure if I can trust her." He said, "Don't think she'll ever cheat on you." I told him, "But she has." He said looking at me in shock, "Was she seeing you when she did this?" I asked shocked as Dana never said that to me, "No." He whispered, "Then she hasn't Jamie." I said kindly, "Why does it feel like she has?" He whispered sounding so broken, "Lies Jamie is why." I said, "So you and Dana are ok with this?" He asked looking down at her too, "It's not ideal, but nothing we can do about it. He's an innocent child Jamie can't be angry at him." I said trying to put kindness in my voice as it's not Bryces fault here and I love Bryce like I love all of my nieces and nephews. "Thought you would say something like that." He said quietly.