Chapter 15: Rumor Has It

**Dean's Pov**

"What's wrong?" I asked my best friend, he points his finger at me, "That right there, how do you do it?" he asked shocked, "Do what?" I asked, his eyebrows rise up even further, "Can read me so well. Thought I hid it well." He said quietly, pulling his hair out that is currently falling out, putting back up into a ponytail, "Part of the job." I said shrugging my shoulders, "Right." Chad said not really getting my comment but I won't be giving him any more information, "You can tell me you know; I am very good at keeping secrets if that is what are you worried about." I said, "Paige and I are just going through a rough patch." He said sighing, "What do you mean?
" I asked, "We are fighting more often than anything, barely having sex, not even make-up sex. This is nothing like us bro, yes we fight but not like this." He said quietly, "Oh bro" I whispered, not fun fighting with your wife, I wrap an arm around his shoulders as he slumped into me defeated. "Are you sure she isn't angry at you being here helping me?" I asked no way in hell do I want to be part of their fights.

"Oh, she's angry, angry at everything. She had a go at me for doing a tattoo on a client's breasts that it was cheating. She's never been like this man. I wasn't bro I really wasn't I was only doing the job that the client wanted." he said, I know he would have only been doing what the person wanted, and she knows that being a tattoo artist as well. "I know man. Couldn't it be she is just tired and wants alone time with you without the kids?" I asked, "I had offered her a weekend away just the two of us, have my parents watch the kids. She yelled at me for saying it." He said sounding so lost, "Something else is up then, could she be pregnant again?" I asked knowing full well she would kill him if she is, "No, she doesn't want any more children, Dean, she made me get the snip so it cannot be that." He said, "Unsure bro, try sitting down and having a chat to find out what is going on." I said, he looks at me covering his face, and started crying fuck, it's been years since he was this emotional with me, he said through his hands, "Do you think she's cheating on me?" he asked, "Doubt it, she loves you maybe she's just not coping." I said lost, he sniffs wiping his eyes, "Ok that is enough girly shit, let's get this house finished for you." He said, I looked at him oddly, "You sure you ok?" I asked, "No, but I am here to help. You would do the same thing for us." He said, "I know and I will always be there to help you both." I told him, he nods his head, "I know bro." With that, we went off into the house finishing off what was left that need to be done. I sent him home around three so he can be with his wife and kids, he fought with me on it. Instead told him that our first weekend in the house he and his family come over for a big grill session.

Thanks to his help the house is finished tomorrow I will be putting all the furniture in the house, mainly new as she couldn't take looking at it all. I have also made her a few surprises like our children's rooms and her craft room. 

Opening the front door, I can hear screaming, what the hell is going on. I raced into the house Jamie is in the lounge room looking scared out of his mind, dad is holding the boys I look at both in shock. "Thank God you're here, you might be able to calm her down," Jamie said, "What the hell is going on?" I asked lost, "No idea she was like this when I got home from work." Jamie said, "I was in the lounge room with the boys when she started screaming in the kitchen, I went to check on her thinking maybe really early labor, and got a wooden board thrown at me." Dad said sounding hurt and angry at the same time.

"Ok," I said, Dana what the hell is going in with you lass. I make my way into the kitchen and food is everywhere. Wow! What happened for her to explode like this? "FUCK YOU, YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHITE!" She screamed, "Dana wowow put the knife block down!" I roared out at her, she stops in mid-throw looking at me in sheer shock, then her anger turns towards me. She does put the block down onto the bench and storms up to me and starts punching me in the stomach I let her, she seems to need to explode and I can take a few good hits before we have any issues. She's screaming and crying while she's hitting me, I can catch a few words but am unsure of what it all means, then I hear a line that had my whole world crash down around me.