Chapter 77: Not enough

With closed eyes, i took in a deep breath then reminded myself that I wouldn't have fucked up if he didn't fuck up first.

Ouh. That sounded so toxic.

I walked in the kitchen to see him sitting by the kitchen island. His back was facing me. I didn't know how to start this conversation. I was guilty from last night but I was also still pissed from all this Hannah situation. I sucked on my lips before letting go.

"Hi" I greeted awkwardly. Hades quickly turned around to look at me. There was a look of relief in his eyes. My eyes quickly inspected him to see if he had any bruise.

I may be pissed at him but I was still worried.

"Luna" he breathed as he stood up and made his way to me. I quickly walked away. I walked to the other side of the bench then stared at him.

"I wanted to apologize" I said. I sounded to cold that it was very unfamiliar to me. "For yesterday" I elaborated.

"It was my mistake" Hades quickly said. "I couldn't bare seeing you with another guy" he explained. I gulped at his words. He looked as handsome as ever. Except the fact that he looked like he hadn't shaved for days.

The beard looked so good on him.

Snap out of it, Luna!

"I just wanted to apologize" I repeated. Hades took a deep breath then licked his lips.

"Luna. I wanted to apologize too" He said.

"You couldn't do it yesterday?" I asked, hatred coating my words. "I didn't hear you the whole day after I've gotten to known about you impregnating your best friend" I chuckled in disbelief.

"I had a lot to deal with yesterday" Hades breathed.

"And I am not important enough to get an explanation?" I asked in anger. "My feelings. My fucking feelings were not important enough? You thought you could just walk out and appear the next day acting as if it was alright?" I demanded. I scoffed then pushed my hair off my face. "It doesn't work like that, Hades!" I exclaimed.

"Luna" Hades started but I quickly cut him off. If all of this didn't get off my chest right now, I would feel bad. I needed him to know the pain that he caused me.

"No, Hades. You let me speak" I said. "How would you feel if you've learnt that I was pregnant with another man and I leave you without any explanation! And the next thing, you see me laughing and chatting away happily in a restaurant with that man and his family?" I asked. "How would you feel?" I asked.

"I acted like an asshole. I just wanted to know what was happening" Hades explained.

"Did you know what was happening?" I asked. "Is Hannah really pregnant?" I asked him.

"Yes" He simply responded.

"is it yours?" I asked him coldly.

"I don't know" He said.

"Well, you figure it out. I don't want to be part of this mess. Stay out of my life" I demanded and started walking out of the kitchen.

"Luna. I am in love with you" Hades exhaled. When I turned around to look at him, his eyes were teary. Mine were too.

"Love is not enough. If you were really in love with me, Hades, you would have been worried about me yesterday. Now you go do what you have to do. Hannah is pregnant and I am pretty sure she needs you by her side. And that child will need a father too" I sobbed. I wiped my tears off my face.

"What happens to us?" He asked. He ran his hand in his hair. He was frustrated.

"There is no us" I muttered. I wrapped my arms around myself for support. "Please leave" I sobbed before walking out of the kitchen. He followed me and held on my hand to stop me from walking away. I didn't pull my hand back. I didn't want to make him feel like shit. I didn't want to be taking Hades away from Hannah and their child. I held on his hand and squeezed it. "For my happiness and yours, we need to go in different direction. I won't be able to handle all this stress. I want to be at peace, Hades. Yesterday, I was so hurt. I don't want to feel that again" I said.

"Luna, please" Hades practically begged. "You're the woman I love. I don't want us to be over" He said softly.

"Hannah needs you right now" I simply said. "I don't want this anymore" I continued. Hades moved his hand away from mine. He clenched his jaws then took a step away from me.

"Is that what you truly want?" He asked coldly.

"Yes" I responded. Just as he was about to speak, Julien walked down the stairs with the phone in his hand. He stared at us with a frown before showing me the phone.

"The doctor said that you need to come down for an appointment regarding your blood tests" he said. I nodded. This was the least of my concern for the moment. Julien ran up the stairs and once he was out of view, I turned to look at Hades.

"Did you even love me?" Hades asked. I frowned at his question. I was quite offended. As I kept thinking about it, the anger rose up.

"Hades, one thing that I don't allow you to do, is to doubt the love that I have for you" I snapped. "If we're in this situation, it is because you fucked up at handling this situation" I sneered. "Please leave!" My voice cracked. I was tired of this. I was tired at feeling like shit. He was glaring at me. He had his cold facade on. And I hated it. "All I ever did, was love you! I have never put you in a situation where you had to doubt about my love!" I sobbed.

"You just did" Hades said before walking out.

The end.

***

The Sequel's name is Reigns Over Me! It's on my profile! Don't hesitate to give my other books a try as well. And yes! Follow me for more updates!

My instagram is LechnaBaramOfficial.