Chapter 52: The More, The Merrier

When I walked back on the patio, I noticed that everyone had a drink in their hands. The music was blasting. The smell of the barbecue hit my nose. The peaceful breeze that brushed against my skin, made a smile appear on my face. That was my kind of night. A small get together with only my friends and a soothing atmosphere. I watched as Julien danced his way to me. He handed me a red cup then wiggled his eyebrows.

"It's filled with your best drink" He said, making me chuckle lightly.

"Vodka?" I asked.

"Always" he cheered to me before motioning me to move closer to where everyone was sitting. When my eyes fell on Hades, they quickly turned to where Hannah was. I shrugged whatever there was in my head and my heart. I only wanted to enjoy myself in the presence of my friends.

My friends.

The only two people that were missing here was Jace and Angie. I felt a pinch in my heart at the thought of them. Despite the fact that I was hurt, it was not worth losing them both. I looked at my phone that was in my hand. I quickly put my cup on the table then stared at my friends.

"I'll be right back" I quickly said before making my way back inside of the house. I settled on the couch as I dialled Angie's number first. I had nothing against her. If i was in her shoes, I would have most probably reacted the same way that she did. I needed in pour water into the wine from my side.

"Hello?" Angie answered, breaking my trail of thoughts. Her voice sounded so hopeful and relieved upon knowing that I had called her.

"Hey" I breathed through the phone.

"Luna, I am so sorry" Angie quickly apologized. I could sense how sorry she was. Her voice was shaking. It sounded as if she had been crying.

"Angie. It's okay" I reassured. "I am sorry for not putting myself in your shoes. I would have most probably reacted the same way too" I admitted with a sigh. When I heard a sob, I wanted to let out a groan. I wasn't good at comforting people.

"I trusted him. I trusted him way too much. I loved him, Luna" She sobbed. "It hurts so much. Wasn't I good enough?" She questioned."I nearly lost you because of him and his stupid self! I acted like a freaking bitch" she bursted out. I couldn't help the light chuckle that escaped me. I missed her.

"I missed you" I told her. "The truth is that Jace is madly in love with you. The shit that happened, it was nothing. You can just stop loving someone" I was trying to pull Jace out of the shit that he had put himself in.

We were just caught up in a moment.

"We never kissed" I told her. "Nothing happened. I believe that you shouldn't ruin your relationship because of such a stupid thing" I continued.

"What would you have done if you were me?" Angie asked.

"I wouldn't have let go of such a beautiful relationship because of something like that" I lied. I was the type of girl who wouldn't accept these kind of shit.

"It hurts" she said, sounding very tired.

"I know" I breathed. "Give him a chance. Actually Ella, Julien, a couple of friends and I are spending some time in a holiday house" I started hesitantly. "Do you want to come?" I asked, hoping that I wouldn't regret it. Jason wouldn't mind. His favourite motto is 'The more, the merrier'.

"I'm not too sure about that, Luna" Angie sighed. "I haven't spoken to Jace since that night" she told me.

"Well, then that's a good reason to go speak to him" I said.

"I'll let you know tomorrow" she said, making me smile.

"Sure. I'm gonna go now. Talk to you soon" I said before ending the call. Well, that went well. Staring at my phone, I thought about calling Jace.

"What are you doing?" I turned to see Hades standing behind me. I blinked a few times in his direction before turning my attention back to my phone. I didn't feel like talking to him. I knew that he didn't owe me any explanation or even the silent treatment but my walls were instinctively building up. "Sweetheart?" He called again to have my attention.

"It's Luna" I corrected as I stood up. When I turned around to look at him, he was wearing the most adorable frown ever. Confusion was written all over his face.

"What?" He asked.

"It's not Sweetheart. It's Luna" I repeated before walking away from the living room. I was just walking randomly to a different area of the house so that I didn't have to face Hades. I dialled Jace's number. He instantly answered.

"Luna" he answered.

"Jace" I mimicked.

"I'm sorry!" He quickly said.

"I forgive you" I told him.

"I know that i fucked u-" he was already starting to rant when he stopped. "Did you say that you forgive me?" He asked, hope filled in his voice.

"Yes. Now, I already talked to Angie. You try to fix your shit with her. I invited you guys to spend the holidays with us" I told him.

"Are you sure?" He asked hesitantly.

"Jace, I can't keep on hating you. You've been my best friend forever. I can't just let that go. You fucked up for sure. But we're humans. And I've been missing you both" I told him. I heard a light chuckle from the other side of the phone. "Well, listen. You need to talk to Angie and let me know tomorrow. Now I need to go tell Jason about me inviting you guys" I said, realizing that I haven't even asked Jason if he would mind or not having them over.

"Thank you" Jace said.

"You're welcome" I said before ending the call. I haven't realised how much this was bothering me until I felt the weight being lifted from my shoulder. I quickly made my way back to my friends to see all of them laughing together. That was a beautiful scene. I also noticed that Hannah was much more open than before. Maybe our conversation had loosen her a bit. Ella seemed to be enjoying her presence more.

So was Julien.

Hannah was leaning against his shoulder as Jason was telling them a story of how he hooked up with a girl and ended up forgetting her name in bed. Hades, on the other side, was nowhere to be seen. When Ella's eyes fell on me, she quickly motioned me to come.

"Put that fucking phone away" she playfully ordered. I complied by putting the phone on the table and took my cup. I drank the whole thing straight. I wanted to get drunk. I wanted to lose control tonight. I handed Julien my cup, motioning him to pour me some more vodka. He rose his eyebrows in surprise.

"Someone is planning to get drunk!" Ella cheered while Julien was frowning in my direction. Hades soon walked back to us, he sat next to Jason. His eyes were fixed on me but I didn't allow myself to look at the beautiful piece of human that he was.

"Oh!" I exclaimed when I recall about Angie and Jace. "Jason, is it okay if two of my friends come?" I asked. He quickly shook his head then lifted his cup of whisky.

"The more, the merrier!" He cheered.

Told you!