Chapter 45: Promises and Call

"Do we have to go tomorrow?" I asked Hades as I laid on the bed next to him. He was working on his laptop with his blanket covering half of his body. Luckily for me, his naked chest was on display. He turned his head to look at me.

"You don't want to?" He asked back, making me shake my head. Surprisingly, he closed his laptop and placed it on the bed table. He laid himself next to me, in a way that we were facing each other. "Leaving here doesn't mean that everything is going to stop" I knew that by everything, he meant the thing that was going on between him and I.

"I hope so" I whispered as I stared into his deep green eyes. He placed his hand on my cheek. He looked so careful with me. It was as if he was scared that i was going to break.

"I promise you" He said softly. I closed my eyes and gulped. I quickly sat up. I didn't want him to promise me stuffs. I will start getting feelings for me. Feelings always complicate things up.

"Don't do this" I plead then turned to look at him. He looked confused. I don't blame him either. I inhaled, then smiled softly. " Don't make promises to me" I said. A frown formed on Hades' face.

"You think I'm going to break them?" Hades questioned.

"People don't break promises intentionally. I don't want you to make promises to me because I know that one day,if you break that promise, it's going to be because of a good reason. But it still means that you broke that promise" I tried to explain. I then huffed in annoyance as I felt so stupid. Whatever I just explained didn't even have any meaning. "I sound so stupid" I sighed while shaking my head. He pulled on my hand, making me fall backwards in his arms. I rested my head on his chest.

"You don't" he said. I felt him peck my head slightly. "You don't want to be disappointed and I understand" Hades said. I smiled. He completed understood what I meant. I ran my nails up and down his stomach and watched as goosebumps rose on his skin. I lightly pecked his skin then closed my eyes. We both simply wanted to sleep in each other's arms. It was not just sex. There was a bond between us. My phone started ringing, breaking the peaceful atmosphere that was reigning in the room. With a groan and a slight 'Fuck' coming from me, I grabbed my phone from the night table and looked at the caller.

Ah. Mom was calling me.

"Hello" I answered, a smile on my face.

"Oh my baby! How are you?" My mother's voice beamed in the phone. I could feel her positive energy and that was enough to lift up my mood.

"I'm good! You?" I asked her. All this time, I could feel Hades observing me. I turned to look at him and it feels like i was the most fascinating thing in front of him.

"I'm perfectly good!" I could hear her slur a little bit. Oh. My mother was a little bit drunk. Every time she would get drunk, we would spend our whole time laughing or joking about other people. "I heard you couldn't make it to the beach house because of the rain" She said. I was soon worried. She was alone. When she was drunk and alone, she tended to be sad.

"Yeah, we're leaving the hotel tomorrow" I told her. "What are you drinking?" I enquired.

"How did you know?" She asked and giggled a little bit. I took a deep breath and listened as she gulped.

"I had dinner with Stella. So we had some wine" she said. "She just left" She continued.

"Why are you still drinking then?" I asked.

"I had nothing better to do" She slurred. Suddenly, I heard a sob. I sat up and exhaled. I closed my eyes and waited for it. I knew what was coming. "I miss your father and your sister" She sobbed. I felt my heart clenched at her words. I wish that i was there to be with her. I wish i was with her so that we would laugh about idiotic things.

"Mom" I said, my voice near to a whisper. I felt a hand on my back. That was Hades.

"Why, Luna?" Mom cried. "Why them?" She asked. I could feel my eyes tearing up. I knew that this would happen again. My mom usually brought this subject up when she was drunk. But when i was with her, I would always manage to divert the conversation.

"I don't know" I whispered as the faces of my father and my sister flooded in my head.

"I miss them so much" She continued. I could hear her voice go weaker. I gulped the lump that was in my throat and took a deep breath. I ended the call and called one of the maids back home.

"Hello" I tried to control myself. I was not going to break in front of Haded. "Evie, Can you help my mom to her room?" I asked her.

"Sure" She replied. " Are you okay, Luna?" Evie asked.

"Yeah, I am" I said and ended the call. I gulped and took a deep breath. I wanted to cry the hell out. I always managed to control my emotions when i was around people. I always managed to stay strong.

"Sweetheart" I heard Hades say from behind me. I didn't want someone else to ask me if i was okay. "It's okay" he simply said.

"Can we go to sleep?" I asked him. My voice was weak.

"Come here" He whispered. I turned and rested my head on his chest. I closed my eyes, making one tear roll down my face to fall on his chest. I could feel his arms tighten around me.