Chapter 50: Enjoying

I was glad that I had finally reached the holiday house. I changed into my black bikini because I wanted to chill in the sun by the swimming pool. Jason decided to extend the holidays for two weeks instead of one as we have missed two days. After the attribution of the rooms, I didn't know where Hades disappeared. I wanted to enjoy my holidays without bothering about whatever is happening with him. If something was meant to be, it will be. For now, I was just going to enjoy the perks of having this fake relationship.

As I reached the swimming pool, I was in awe infront of it. It was huge. Only people like Jason and Hades were able to afford such a place.

Not even me.

"Great! We're going to relax a little bit!" Julien said softly after yawning. It was still around one in the afternoon. I sat on the black deckchair, pulled my sunglasses down my eyes, tied my hair in a ponytail and took my book in my hand.

"Are you seriously going to read?" Ella questioned in disbelief.

"Yes. Why?" I asked while scrunching my eyes to be able to see her clearly. She was leaning over me, her hair fanning all over her face.

"Come on! Have some fun!" Ella said excitedly as she walked to the pool and sat on the edge with her feet dipping in the water.

"Reading is fun!" I exclaimed, quite offended by her words. "You should try it. Wouldn't harm you" I mumbled while opening my book.

"Are you saying that I'm dumb?" Ella asked, tilting her head slightly to the left, daring me to repeat my words. Before I could even say something, Hannah beat me up to it.

"Are you still doubting?" She muttered. I turned to look at her not really knowing how to react. No one had the right to insult my best friend except me.

"Did we ask for your opinion?" I asked politely, pushing my glasses down on my nose so that I could have a better look at her. She was wearing a red bikini that fit her body perfectly. She was beautiful. I wouldn't lie about that. Her stares turned into glares. I pushed my glasses back on, relaxed myself in the sun and put the book down. Having Hannah around, reading was not going to be of any use.

"Listen, I don't know what's your problem with me but -" I quickly stopped her. I knew that if she was faking, it meant that Hades was around. I sat up on the deckchair, then pushed the glasses up so that it was now on my head.

"Cut the crap" I immediately said. "I am here to relax and spend some good times with my friends. I don't have any problem with you so please, just enjoy the moment" I sighed. She was going to open her mouth to speak again but I quickly cut her up. "I love your bikini by the way" I complimented genuinely before standing up. Hannah stood there, completely confused about what happened. Even if we were not friends, it didn't mean that we had to live like enemies. I walked to Ella and sat next to her.

"Finally having some fun?" Ella asked me while eyeing my closed book that was now alone on the deckchair. With a sweet evil smile, I pushed her into the water. Little did I realise that she was holding on my arm, so I was pulled into the water with her. The water was so refreshing. When I met the surface again, I had a big smile on my face. Ella was wiping her face.

"Here comes the bomb!" Julien shouted. I turned my attention to him to see him running towards the pool. Soon, he jumped and the water splashed everywhere.

"You call that a bomb?" Jason questioned from the door. "Watch me" he said and ran to the pool as well. He brought his legs to his stomach, holding them together as he jumped in the pool as well. The smile on my face couldn't be wiped off right now. The happiness and freedom that I was feeling was everything I was dying for. My eyes unconsciously drifted to where Hades was. He had a shirt and his shorts on. His sunglasses were on. He had a glass in his hand. He had his intimidating façade on. I watched as he walked to the deckchair that I was sitting on. He picked up my book, read the title then turned his attention to me. Julien swam to my side and playfully poked my side.

"Run" I threatened. He knew that I hated it when people would poke me.

"You mean swim?" He asked in confusion. I playfully glared at him before splashing him with water. I swam to the edge of the swimming pool, pulled myself out and sat there with my feet dipped in the water. I stretched my body and let the pores absorb the sun rays. I put my sunglasses back on so that no one would notice me checking Hades out.

He was sitting opposite of me. I was just hoping that no one would notice me glaring at Hannah who was snaking her way to Hades. She settled on the same deckchair as him. She was sitting in front of him, nearly in the middle of his legs. I rolled my bottom lip in my mouth and acted as if I was enjoying the sun more than anything.

This is what I wanted to avoid. I didn't want to ruin my holidays worrying about whether Hannah was going to make a move on Hades or not. We were not even official. I didn't have the right to be jealous. I stood up from the edge, stared at Jason, Ella and Julien who were chilling in the pool.

"Do you guys want to drink anything?" I asked. Everyone shook their heads as I walked back in the house. With a big yawn, I streched my body making Jason whistle. I flipped him my middle finger while chuckling. Upon making my way to the kitchen, I noticed that the screen on my phone was on. With a frown on my face, I walked to it. When I saw Jace's name light up, my frown deepened.

I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you or Angie. You're my best friend. I don't want to lose you.
-Jace

A sigh escaped my lips when I read the message. Jace did hurt me. But the years of friendship rushed in my head. I did miss him. I didn't know whether I wanted to respond to him yet.

"Sweetheart" I turned to see Hades standing behind me. He took off his sunglasses so that I could see his beautiful eyes. "Are you good?" He asked. I nodded then just showed him the phone before putting it on the table.

"Yes. Just got a message from Jace" I informed before making my way to the fridge. I pulled out a bottle of cold water then turned around to see a frowning Hades.

"What did he want?" He asked seriously.

"To apologize" I said. Hades nodded curtly before walking closer to me. I could see that he didn't want to hover on this matter as my mood was already dull. His hands were now resting on my hips as he pulled me closer to him. His eyes flicked to my lips before moving to my eyes.

"Did I tell you that you look good?" Hades asked slowly.

"I don't recall" I drawled with a smile.

"You look beautiful" he complimented before taking a deep breath.