Chapter 44: Restaurant Talk

"Here's your menu cards" The waiter said as he handed us both a menu card each. He smiled when he handed me mine. "I'll be coming in a few to take your orders" the waiter said before walking away.

"Wipe that smile off your face" Hades snapped, bringing my attention to him. I frowned when I saw a glare on his face.

"Why can't I smile?" I asked, my eyes slowly narrowing in his direction.

"It's not time to flirt with the waiter" He snapped. "What if there is a paparazzi out there?" he asked, making me clench my jaws in anger.

"This is not called flirting. It is called being polite" I snapped. I opened the menu card and ignored him. Who the fuck did he think he was? I frowned as I looked at the menu card. The food was not important right now. I was just trying to avoid talking with the sexy asshole who was sitting in front of me.

After a few minutes, the waiter came back, a bright smile still on his face. Hades rose his head to look at the cute waiter and clenched his jaws. I closed my eyes for a few seconds and tried to understand his immature behavior. Even if there was a paparazzi out there, he wouldn't think that the waiter was flirting. Hades was just being paranoid.

"May I take your order or do you need more time?" He asked politely to Hades, then turned to look at me.

"Two spaghetti bolognaise and a bottle of the best wine in this restaurant" Hades snapped. Here was the hard façade that he always had in public. I took a deep breath as the waiter took the menu cards from us.

"What's wrong?" I asked with a sigh. I didn't know what was going on in his head. One second he was be playful, and the next he would be grumpy as fuck. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He opened then again, then exhaled.

"I don't know. I feel like I'm exhausted" He simply said.

"Just because you're exhausted, doesn't mean you have to rude" I told him slowly. Again, he sighed. I looked at his green eyes and I knew that it was so easy to fall for them.

Those green hypnotizing eyes.

"I apologise" he simply said. I knew that he didn't mean it but I decided to let it go. At least he was trying.

"Are you excited to go to the beach house tomorrow?" I asked him, trying to change the topic to lighten the atmosphere. Slowly, a grin appeared on his face as he stared at him. His sharp jaws made me want to run my hands over them.

"Knowing that you're not a fan of Hannah, Are you?" Hades asked back. I pouted then groaned when I realized that I will have to see Hannah's face tomorrow.

"I wish she was not there" I admitted. He sighed then shook his head.

"Sweetheart" He whispered. "She's one of the few friends that i have" He continued. " I would appreciate it if you would get along with her" Hades said. "I still don't understand why you hate her" I rolled my eyes as I felt as if I was a little girl who was being scolded.

"Well, It's a mutual hate" I cleared.

"She doesn't hate you" he muttered, a frown creeping on his face. I scoffed at this, then shook my head at how ignorant he was.

"You don't know a lot of things, Hades" I said while maintain eye contact.

"Why don't you tell me then?" He asked, leaning forward to show me that he was attentive. Should I tell him or not? I exhaled, then shrugged it off. He needed to know that. I didn't care whether he was going to believe me or not. I just needed to get it off my chest.

"Remember when I first met her?" I asked Hades and watched as he nodded. "You got a phone call from my mom and walked away. So, she told me that I accepted this rumor thing because i was a gold digger and that If I came to the beach house, she'll make me regret it" I told him. Hades frowned. "That's why I wanted to leave that night" I admitted.

"Why didn't you tell me that night itself?" He asked me. I shrugged it off.

"I didn't know whether you would have believed me or not" I admitted.

"Why would she do that?" Hades questioned. I knew that he believed me. It just seemed hard for him to visualize Hannah as a psycho bitch.

"She wants to keep you all for herself and she most probably felt like I was replacing her" I tried to explain how I felt about his situation.

"You're not replacing her" Hades said with a scoff. I didn't knw whether I should be hurt or not. Before i could feel anything he continued. "She's my best friend and you are-" he stopped talking and stared at me.

"I am?" I asked in confusion.

"More" Hades said.

"More what?" I asked in amusement.

"That's what we need to figure out. But unlike you, I am not going to call you my fuck buddy" He added while rolling his eyes. I simply smirked at this.

"I am your fake girlfriend who you fuck for real" I pointed out, making him chuckle. He took my hands in his and he was about to talk when the waiter walk to us with our food in his hands. I pulled my hands from the table to give him place to put the food. Hades' eyes never left as he stared at me. I simply chuckled and shook my head at this awkward moment. It felt like the waiter was taking forever to leave. I could feel the sexual tension between Hades and I. I bit my lips and closed my eyes to control my freaking hormones. What distracted me again, was the way Hades was looking at my lips.