Eighteen

Eighteen (3rd person POV) (Edited)

        Everything is perfect, Clyde thinks to himself as he softly shuts the prisoner girl's door. The man strides down the hallway, discreetly slipping a twenty dollar bill to the guard who let him in. Everybody has something that makes them tick and Clyde loves finding their niche. Whether it's money, power, or, in Cassia Blackwell's case, mates- everybody has something that they would go to great lengths to possess or protect. Clyde is the best at exploiting those weaknesses for his own not-too-pure purposes and it's gotten him very far in life. His next operation will be the biggest he's ever pulled off (if he can actually pull it off, that is).

        It was almost too easy for Clyde to convince Cassia that her mates were in trouble. The truth is, King Julian, his so-called "best friend", is way too stupid to even think about betraying their little agreement. All Julian wants them to do is talk- his only concern being the wolves rallying behind the Calloway's to take down the kingdom. As long as the upcoming war is diffused he's just fine and dandy with letting them go.

        The stupid oaf never thinks ahead! Clyde angirly thought to himself. 

        Clyde had even considering watching the war play out instead of taking matters into his own hands. But, as it seems, the brute of a man is far too impatient for battle. Clyde wants the throne and he wants it as soon as possible. He's done with watching Julian let the werewolf community fall to pieces. As soon as "King Delarosa" takes over, things will be right once again.

        Clyde's first order of business is to get rid of the Ring of Wolves. They are there to keep the King and Alpha's in check, but that won't be needed anymore. He's going to restore the werewolf community by making it a full on dictatorship; always striking fear into the people's hearts, always punishing those who deserve to be punished, and always, always, always making sure that there are no. More. Mates.

        Clyde is going to build up his empire piece by beautiful piece. All of the best warriors will be taken from their homes and forced to be apart of his guard. There will be no more Alphas or Betas- only the King, the King's warriors, and the King's people. Mates will be a thing of the past and only be used to produce the most perfect of children for his next generation. In a few years time his kind will then come out of hiding and expose themselves to the humans. Clyde predicts that the werewolves will take over in a few short months after that. The best part about it? Clyde will be the leader of them all.

        Everyone will bow down to me as I walk by. Everything shall be perfect. He walked away from his carefully placed pawn in a game of chess no one else knew he was playing; his strategy was perfect and ended with him being victorious.

(A/N: Super short, but super necessary! What do you guys think of Cassia's dad not being the real threat? >:) LOL! I love this idea because I feel like it's one people don't see often. I didn't want this to be one of those girl meets crazy/possessive/hard-headed mate, girl has missing/dead parent, surprise parent is back and wants girl dead, oh and also girl is super special so she must be protected. There are sooooo many of those on Wattpad! Some feedback would be great! I feel like this book has attention but not much and I just want to make sure I'm doing a good job! Love you guys! ❤️)