Ten

Ten (Edited)

        The pack doctor comes in right after Colton leaves and I sigh in frustration. We really suck at this mate thing.

        "How are you feeling? Do you feel dizzy or lightheaded?" the doctor asks while shining a flashlight in my eyes and I shake my head. He does a quick run through of my vitals that seems to take longer than normal.

        "Well, it looks like you're good to go. We're lucky that you were here or else we would be Alpha-less right about now. Just try to take it easy, okay?" I hop off the bed and stalk towards the exit. "Oh! and, Luna? I'll make sure to keep your wolf issue tight lipped." He gives me a kind smile and I shyly nod, closing the door behind me. Most people know about my wolf problem but they don't know she's dormant. They all assume we have a bad relationship so she doesn't like shifting for me.

        By the time I get back to the pack house all I want to do is sleep. I'm so exhausted from my little exertion today (or was it yesterday) but I know that I need to address the Colton issue as soon as possible. Today is the day that we work out all of our problems whether he likes it or not.

        "Lance!" I call to him as he disappears into the kitchen.

        He backtracks out and smiles, "Well look at you! The hero has finally decided to grace us with her presence!"

        I roll my eyes. "Where's Colton? He stormed out on me about twenty minutes ago."

        "So that's why boss man is all grumpy. You two really need to start getting along. It's making me and Jeremy's job much more difficult with him acting like he's on the rag twenty-four seven." I laugh and he points upstairs, "His office is where he goes to brood. Good luck, you're gonna need it."

        I take a steadying breath and make my way upstairs to his study. With three tentative knocks I hear his gruff voice telling me to come in. I really hope the goddess is on my side right now.

        "Hey," I softly greet and his smoldering gaze peers at me from behind his glasses.

        "What is it you need?" he authoritatively asks.

        "Do you have a moment?" My gaze drops to the ground and I fidget. He's being so... standoffish.

        With a small sigh he takes his seeing glasses off, "Of course I have a moment for you. What do you need, baby?"

        "Um, how are you feeling? We were both in pretty bad shape," I skirt around the real reason I came here- a habit that is in need of breaking. Confrontation is seriously not my thing.

        "I'm a little roughed up but Benjamin has mostly healed me. I was only out for one day where you, on the other hand, have been MIA for three days. Everyone was pretty worried about you..." he trails off with a small smile. Three days?! I was out for three days? I could've sworn it only felt like twenty four hours!

        "Oh, well that was nice of them..." An awkward silence falls over us and my eyes wander over his cluttered mahogany desk until I decide to get to the point.

        Conjuring the confidence I know I don't have, I begin to spill my thoughts, "Look Colton, we need to be honest with each other. We can't keep secrets. It was wrong of me to not tell you when you asked and, in all honesty, I've wanted to tell you. It's just that you've been ignoring me so what was the point? My mom told me not to tell you, yet I still decided long ago that I wanted to. We need to put everything on the table and start becoming real mates.