Three

Three (Edited) NEW VERSION IS UP

        Running. I am running, dodging trees left and right, trying my best to not fall over my two left feet. There's something chasing me and just the i of it fills me with a sense of dread. I pinch my arm to try and wake myself up from this awful nightmare but nothing changes. It goes on for what feels like hours- run, dodge, don't trip; never knowing what's even chasing me.

        Finally, I come to a clearing and my shoe clad feet begin to slow down. For the first time since this horrid nightmare began I feel calm when I stop moving at the neck breaking pace my dream self decided to run at. Collapsing onto the dead grass and catching my breath, I pray to our goddess that this nightmare is about to end but I've never been lucky. The ground starts to shake and I quickly try standing up but the dead grass lengthens then starts to wrap around my arms and legs, not stopping until I'm completely consumed by the nasty stuff and the only thing left is my head.

        A wolf so black that he could have been the night itself comes out of the surrounding woods and snarls at me, his yellow eyes glowing brightly. I helplessly struggle against my restraints as he stalks towards me, the evil simply radiating off of him. All of a sudden, he transforms into a man and a whimper escapes my trembling lips.

        "What's wrong, mate? Surprised?"

        Then the darkness consumes me.

        I bolt straight up, terror resonating throughout my entire body. My heart is beating at an abnormal rate and I'm drenched from head to toe in sweat. Calm down, calm down, calm down, I keep chanting to myself in hopes that it will help my current state. I close my blue eyes to try and gain some composure but all I see are bright glowing yellow orbs that knock the wind out of me. Looking around the unfamiliar room, I figure that I must be in one of the estate's many guest bedrooms. There's a bathroom to my right so I quickly untangle my body from the white sheets and sprint towards the welcoming sight, barely making it to the toilet in time and heaving last nights dinner into the porcelain bowl. It had been so good, too; what a waste.

        Once there is nothing left in my stomach to throw up I decide a cold shower would be beneficiary in my current sweaty, icky, sticky state. I turn on the shower then hop in and let the spray of cold water relax me. That freakish nightmare was... terrifying. Why would I dream something so awful about someone I'm supposed to love so much? I mentally shake my head and make up my mind to just drop it. It isn't like it's real anyway, so I really should not be stressing about it. The more important issue right now is how I even got into a guest room last night when I don't remember ever falling asleep. Plus, I was somehow dressed in different clothes than what I arrived in! If Colton thinks he can violate me like that when I'm sleeping well, he's got another thing coming!

        Taking a deep, calming breath, I decide it's time to get out and wrap a white fluffy towel around my petite figure. Opening one of the light brown wooden drawers by the sink, I confiscate a toothbrush and other seemingly clean necessities I need to start my day. Thankfully, Colton was smart enough to not stick me in his room for the night like most males who have recently found their mate would do. I definitely would've had a hissy fit if that were the case. I know he's my mate and all, but I'm not comfortable with that yet. I barely know the man (albeit a very handsome, very attractive man)!

        I pull on a pair of red checkered pajama pants and a black tank top that are folded neatly on the dresser along with a bra and some underwear (worrying about why they're my size seems pointless at the moment). When I look at the digital clock the green numbers blink five-thirty AM and I groan at the ungodly hour. My stomach doesn't miss a beat in rumbling for food, though so I contemplate on trying to find the kitchen in this bigger than life house. It's not like I have anything to lose, and if I do end up lost then someone is bound to find me eventually. My stomach grumbles a second time, making up my mind for me.