Twenty

Twenty (SEXUAL CONTENT: Look for the bolded word if you would like to skip it)

It was a week after escaping the palace that the news came. King Julian had died under "mysterious circumstances" and his best friend, Clyde Delarosa, would take his place. All packs were told to address their pack members and have a moment of silence for Julian's loss but we decided not to. Since Colton, Caden, and I knew what he was really like and how much we despised him we skipped it. I would have gotten more satisfaction out of spitting on his grave.

My mom told me that I shouldn't think like that but should instead feel sorry for Julian. I couldn't bring myself to do that no matter how hard I tried, though. He hurt my mom, he kidnapped me, and he tried to kill my mates. Some people simply don't deserve pity or forgiveness.

After we got back from our unfortunate adventure and everything had settled down, it came to our attention that Smith's vision of my future still hadn't changed. I said it was because he had already envisioned it however many years ago and our goddess didn't feel the need to send him another one. The threat is gone so the bad vision is basically void now, nothing else to it. My mates, on the other hand, constantly have that worry hanging over their heads. It's in their eyes that they're constantly bothered by it but, even though I've told them to stop over a thousand times, I love how sickeningly sweet they are to worry this much.

"Baby, can you pretty please scratch my back? I can't reach it," Caden pouts as he lazes on the couch. He gives me his puppy dog eyes that are impossible to say no to and I cave.

"Oh sure," I say. "Let your pregnant mate waddle her way over to you just to scratch your back, that's how to win over the girl."

He rolls his eyes at my gentle teasing. "There's no point in trying to win you over when I already have you, sweet cheeks."

"Says who?" I scoff. I know it's silly considering I have his kid baking in my stomach, but Caden is fun to bicker with.

Throughout these past five months since we escaped with our lives we've learned to let loose and live a little. We even took a small vacation to Hawaii which, incidentally, is where the little babies in my stomach were made. And, as if things couldn't get any scarier when I found out I was pregnant, it turns out that I have two uteruses! How insane is that?! Now I have one little mini-Colton and one little mini-Caden in my stomach! The doctor said it happens to humans all the time and I had nothing to worry about but the soon-to-be-daddies haven't even let me out the house. They think everything is a health risk to me and it's super annoying.

"Says those kids in your stomach and that mark on your neck," he growls playfully, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, funny thing about the kids Caden. Do you remember that totally dreamy and hot surfer guy in Hawaii?" This ought to teach him to mess with a pregnant woman.

Caden's eyes flash in anger and I see his wolf rise to the surface with the mention of an unknown "threat".

Way to set them off, Cassia, Zara chuckles and I mentally roll my eyes at her.

"Cassia Rose Calloway you better be lying. Tell me that you're lying." Of course I'm lying. But he doesn't need to know that now, does he?

I quickly walk away or, at the very least, as fast as a girl with two watermelon sized babies in her stomach can go (and may I add that it is terribly hard. Stairs? Forget it!).

"Colton!" I yell once I reach the kitchen and see him. I then proceed to hide behind his sitting form, wishing for a better hiding spot. There are only so many places I can go with this belly of mine. He would either side with his brother and give me up or tell Caden to leave me alone. I'm hoping for the latter.