Eight

Eight (Edited)

        Have you ever been so bored that you find yourself staring at a wall, but you have no idea how long you've been staring? You just know in your gut that you've been staring long enough for aliens to have invaded Earth, yet you're still completely oblivious to what's happening around you. That's how I've felt these last couple of days. The first day Colton locked me in our room, I at least had the company of Beta Hill. I found out that his first name is Lance, he's 22, and he's mateless. I also found out that the only reason he was allowed to be alone in a room with me was because Colton put him under a strict Alpha binding order that prohibits him from touching me unless the situation is dire. Same goes for Delta Andrews, or Jeremy, as he told me to call him.

        It has know been four days and Colton hasn't so much as uttered a sentence to me. My only saving grace is that he's in pack meetings and territory agreements and other such things all day which means I can come out of the room. When he's home I hermit up in here so we don't have to interact. To be honest, I don't even know where he's sleeping because he sure as heck doesn't come to our room at night. As if he is the one that should be mad at me? Colton is the one who should be apologizing to me, not the other way around! Unfortunately, I noticed how stubborn he can be therefore I'm going to have to be the adult in the situation and approach him first.

        "Should I be worried?" I hear someone say from behind me, breaking me out of my thoughts.

        "Worried? About what?" I shift my position on the couch and shake out the tingles from my leg.

        "You're staring at a blank TV," Lance points out, raising his eyebrows in question. I whip my head around to look at the show I was watching and see that it is, in fact, turned off. I could have sworn that I turned it on!

        "Oh, well... I was sleeping with my eyes open and I don't like the background noise." My lie comes out more like a question.

        He runs a hand through his unruly brown hair and smirks, "You're the worst liar ever."

        I shrug and Lance comes around to the other side of the couch so I don't have to turn my head, "We're going for a run. You need to let your wolf out." My cheeks heat up with embarrassment. I haven't exactly explained my little problem to anyone yet. Considering it's been a week and my mate has barely glanced at me, I think it's safe to say that it's his fault I haven't told anyone.

        "Well, you see, that might be difficult since my wolf is kinda... dormant." Lance looks at me funny and I continue, "I've only ever shifted twice and when I did it was for a brief period of time. I have yet to even figure out what my coat color is! Besides, I thought only wolves with a title could shift whenever they want? If a normal wolf can't shift without a full moon then a wolf who is smaller than an Omega will surely have difficulties."

        "Technically, if you're an Alpha's mate, then you can shift whenever you want. As soon as you found him or you went through your heat then you automatically identify as a Luna. It would take him rejecting you for your wolf to be unable to shift without the full moon again. Have you ever thought of seeing our doctor, Cassia? I don't think I've ever heard of our kind not being able to shift. Even the half breeds shift more than you have it seems. Does Colton know about this?" My gaze wanders to the floor when he mentions Colton.

        "He won't even look at me let alone talk to me. I-I don't think he wants me anymore." Saying my fear out loud only makes is more real for me. What if he doesn't want me anymore because I defied him? I was just so overwhelmed and so angry at the world that I felt like I needed control somewhere in my life. I mean, who am I kidding, though? He has probably been waiting for a situation like this so he has an excuse to get away from me. I guessI don't really blame him, but it still hurts.