Thirteen

Thirteen (Edited)

        "This is not going to end well," Caden complains as he straightens his red tie. Colton and I had told him that he had to look his best - it will seem more professional and less intimidating.

        "If someone doesn't like it then they'll have to challenge us. Nobody would risk going rogue just because they don't like the idea of you coming back to the pack," Colton tries to reassure his brother, but it falls on deaf ears.

        It's been a week since all three of us officially got together; a week of pure bliss with my wonderful mates. Caden was totally perverted and annoying, but he was also sweet and gentle. The both of them always made sure my best interests were at hand and the amount of attention I received from them is astounding. My worries of Caden being evil have, thankfully, been totally eradictated. Both him and Colton have the same exact white wolves except one of Caden's paws is black. To add to my good fortune my horrible dreams have stopped as well. All I have to do is relax in my mates' arms at night and fall into a dreamless sleep. Overall, things are perfect.

        Unfortunately, the only difficulty we've had is hiding Caden from everyone's prying eyes. We are lucky that so few people live in our main pack house. Thankfully, both Jeremy and Lance accepted the situation saying that they'd had a hunch Caden and Colton still talked to each other. They loved having their best friend back. The five of us have been living in a perfect bubble this past week that's, sadly, about to be popped. We're introducing Caden back into the pack as reigning Alpha.

        It's his rightful place and it kills Colton knowing that he's causing his brother pain (though Caden would never admit it). The fact of the matter is that Caden is the more dominant brother, Colton coming after, and, of course, me havng to listen to both of them. They may both be Alpha's and, if it were possible, they would both hold the title over this pack, but this isn't the case.

        "Everything is going to be all right, Caden. Once we introduce you as Alpha and give them some time to voice their concerns, you can start showing them how great of an Alpha you really are," I mutter as I hug the distraught brother from behind, trying to let him know that I will be there for him through it all.

        Caden turns in my grip and nuzzles my neck which both of them told me they find calming. It's something to do with the mating bite having to go there, but we haven't really talked about that part of our relationship (and hopefully never will since it scares the bejeezus out of me).

        "Let's get this over with." Colton chuckles, taking me by the waist so Caden would stop stalling. If it had been anyone else trying to do what Colton just had I think Caden would have actually killed them, but all Colton got was a growl of annoyance.

        "I think Cassia should change before we go out there. That dress is way too short now that I look at it." Caden eyeballs me warily and Colton soon follows but I'm having none of it. This dress is cute and classy. I bought it just for today!

        "Stop being testosterone-headed idiots and let's go. This sundress is cute as heck and besides, I was wearing worse when I met Colton." With that I stalked out of our bedroom and followed the scent of barbecue until it led me to the back door of the estate.

        "Don't ever walk off like that, Cassia. We weren't done talking to you," Colton says and I feel a sharp sting on my behind that makes me yip like the wolf I am. Did one of them seriously just spank me?!

        "Damn right I did," Caden growls in my ear, reading my thoughts exactly. A blush creeps onto my face but I try and ignore it. Now was not the time to get them all hot and bothered. As a matter of fact, there couldn't have been a worse time for this.