On Today's Episode of "How to Kill Someone's Liver"

"Hello there, little tavern keeper."

You nodded to the Duke, carrying a crate full of bottles of your best whiskey. "Good afternoon, Duke. How are you today?"

You and the Duke started trading goods since you first got wind of each other. He would always purchase some of your best wine or whiskey and you got wonderful little trinkets from the outside world along with some lei.

"I'm doing just fine, how about yourself and that uncle of yours?" the Duke smiled down at you and pulled out a cigar for himself.

You shrugged and put the crate of liquor next to his caravan. "I'm the same as always, alive and well. As for my uncle, I don't know, haven't seen him in a few weeks. I will, however, be visiting him tomorrow."

"Trying to get on Miranda's good graces again I assume," the Duke chuckled.

You opened the door to the Duke's caravan. "Right as always, Duke," you sighed and went to pick up the liquor crate after the door successfully opened. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say that he's in love with Miranda."

The Duke chuckles and turned to watch you put the crate in his caravan. "It really does seem like it, hm?"

You laughed as you looked around the caravan in search of the goodies the Duke brought you. "That it does. So," you clapped your hands together, glancing at the Duke through his little window, "what do you have for me this week?"

"I brought some newspapers from the outside world, fear not, they are all up to date. I'm sure you will find quite a few of these stories very interesting," the Duke smiled at you through the window as you finally found the box with your name written on the side. "I have also acquired some new tools you might need for your tavern and some books on different drinks you might want to attempt to make."

You eyed all of the stuff carefully and made sure all were accounted for. "Thanks, Duke, I'll be sure to use all of it well."

"It is a pleasure doing business with you."

You pause after picking up the box. Turning to the door you debated with yourself if you should ask him. He'll either tell you or not, what's the worst that can happen?

"Duke," you eyed the Duke as you make your way around his caravan to face him, "who is this customer that you keep selling my liquor to?"

The Duke chuckled at my question. "Finally wanting to know, huh?"

"Can you blame me? This specific exchange has been going on for two months now, it's only predictable for me to be curious."

"I see your point," the Duke chuckles, "but how do you know that I'm not just buying in bulk for many customers on my travels."

"Your visits and purchases of my alcohol have been periodic," you explained with a smile, "every Monday, you show up here and ask for the same thing as the last week, Save for a few things for yourself or someone else. Each week, without fail, it's the same thing whereas over two months ago your visits and purchases were everywhere. So tell me, who is this alcoholic that's keeping both of our sorry asses in business?"

The Duke let out a small chortle as he counted out some lei. "I see what you mean, and you are correct, I have one lone buyer for your liquor." You waited for the Duke to continue but instead, he holds out a bag of lei. "Here you are, the products in that box are only worth half of what you gave me, this is the other half of the payment."

You took the small pouch of coins in your hand but don't relent on your questioning. "Duke, I have to know, what psychopath is ordering nine bottles of straight whiskey each week? I'm running out of stock at this rate."