The Business is Murder. That's the Title

"Taken from you?" Chris repeated. "Are you sure she just didn't want anything to do with either of you? Or that she went and told Miranda." Heisenberg growled and went to respond but Salvatore beat him to it. 

"My niece," Lord Moreau snarled as he stepped off of Irini, "would never. We informed her of this deal months ago. She had ample time between then and now to inform Miranda. But she didn't." Salvatore stayed tall as he approached Chris. Their heights are the same but the air around Moreau gave him an aura of authority and superiority over Chris. "Don't you dare speak any ill about my niece again or so help me, I will take you to Mother Miranda and have your whole operation shut down before you can say Bioweapon."

"And how do you plan on doing that?" Chris asked, raising a brow. He pulled his open jacket back a bit to reveal the pistol strapped to his belt. "I'm armed and my team has the two of you surrounded."

Lord Karl Heisenberg and Lord Salvatore Moreau chuckled darkly at Chris' attempt to intimidate them. Because of Heisenberg's refined Electro-Magnetism, he can identify any type of metal within a twenty-kilometre radius of the village. He already knew about the team and is hacked into their coms without any kind of detection. Heisenberg also happened to have told Salvatore of the team on their way up the mountain. Let's just say that there were Vârcolaci prowling around the team members, ready to pounce if the Hound Wolf Squad decide to open fire. Heisenberg opened his jacket, mimicking Chris, and pulled out all of the extra ammo the Hound Wolf Squad didn't have in their guns. 

"And how does your team plan on taking us down with only a few bullets?" Heisenberg taunted Chris, dumping his loot onto the ground. "We've known about your team since you first stepped foot into the village."

"There's also the fact that your team won't be able to hit us," Salvatore said, smirking. He may not be as dramatic as Heisenberg, but Salvatore has acquired some new skills since his Cadou adjusted to his body properly. Masses materialized from the ground, forming a shield around the three men. It blocked Salvatore and Heisenberg from being seen by the Hound Wolf Squad but kept Chris in the team's line of sight. What both Heisenberg and Salvatore were proud of was that the masses were no longer made of mucus and boils. They were strong, colourful reefs of coral. Nothing short of a large explosion could destroy the wall of coral without Salvatore Moreau's permission. If put in the correct environment, Heisenberg had no doubt that Moreau would best him with a flick of his wrist. "Now, I'll reiterate. Speak illy about my niece again, and I will ensure that you never see the world outside of this village again." 

"...Understood," Chris said, releasing his jacket. He flicked his eyes around the scene and tried to make sense of it. He knew that what Miranda created was powerful. Hell, Chris saw the damage Eveline did to the Baker's house and to the Winters. But to think that all her creations were like that with their own sets of skills? It was almost too much to process. To top it all off, she had enough power to create them. One could only imagine the true power Mother Miranda held thanks to her insanity and the Megamycete. "But how do you know she was taken from you? What if she found an opportunity to escape and took it?"

"It's a lot harder to get out of this village than you'd think," Heisenberg growled. "Everyone is so obsessed with her and if they see something off, you better believe that they'll snitch."

"While we can't exactly blame them for the brainwashing subjected to them, it's annoying to no end," Salvatore commented. "We can barely lift a finger in the villager without Miranda knowing about it. Let alone, my niece. As you know, she was caught in a fire that Miranda orchestrated. That fire severely disabled her. She couldn't have made it three steps into or around the village without the people down there swarming her."

"Alright," Chris said, sighing. "I get it. I just have a small question. How do you know Miranda orchestrated the fire? Heisenberg mentioned that recent evidence suggested that a man in the village started the fire."