All of this and I'm Still in My Goddamn Pyjamas

Miranda was exhausted.

Disguising herself as a caring wife to Ethan Winters was anything but easy. Miranda has never cared about anything but herself and Eva. It was easy to show Rosemary affection considering that early on, Miranda knew Rose was destined to be Eva's vessel. Knowing that she would get her daughter back through that baby always brought a loving smile to her face. Being a mother was easy whereas being a wife was not. Miranda had difficulties with Ethan whether it was disputes over a memory that Miranda had never experienced or... intimacy. Miranda was not fond of intimacy if it was used for anything other than creating a child. She gave Ethan every excuse in the book when he tried to start something. Ethan, the gentleman he was, respected Mia's reasons for not wanting to have sex. But he was a little hurt because, thanks to your curse, Ethan knew that he wasn't getting the whole truth. He would have backed off if Mia said that she just didn't want to. But that wouldn't be the entire truth either. For his Mia was imprisoned solely because a crazy, moldy bitch felt entitled to their daughter.

Miranda descended to her lab in quick strides. She wanted to be sure that you followed your orders of keeping Mia alive. Miranda knew that you were rebelling as a means to get attention from you but she would not excuse you for killing a precious specimen. Miranda believed that Mia Winter could enhance the Ceremony somehow. All it would take was a few experiments to see if she had what Miranda needed. To Miranda's surprise, and delight, Mia was alive and well. You took very good care of her and it showed when Miranda stepped into her lab and toward the woman. Mia was fast asleep, her chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm. She looked completely healthy and at peace. 

"Wake up, Mrs. Winters," Miranda said, manipulating a small fragment of the Megamycete. She manipulated it to whip Mia in the leg, waking her up with a jolt. "We have work to do."

"What..?" Mia yawned, not fully awake. She said your name as she looked around the cell. After some time, Mia asked you to join her in her cell for your meals together. She needed some form of contact and had formed a healthy connection with you. Well, as healthy as one could be in a captor and victim situation. But when Mia walked to the cell bars, her eyes widen in anger. "You're not her," Mia said, realizing who exactly the woman in front of the bars was.

"No, I am not," Miranda said, turning her attention to a blank notebook. "I am the ruler of this place."

"So you're Miranda," Mia hissed. "I've heard so much."

"All good, I would hope," Miranda said, keeping her attention on her notebook and pen. She was jotting down notes about Mia and her current condition. "But, considering that you didn't call me by my appropriate title, I assume Lady Moreau told you her silly stories."

"Oh, you mean that you had me kidnapped and took my place?" Mia asked, seething with rage. "How dare you! My daughter and husband are not yours to claim!"

"In case, you've forgotten," Miranda said, slamming her pen onto the table, "you were tasked with raising Evalene three years ago. Not killing her."

"That thing," Mia growled, disgusted, "was a monster that needed to be stopped. Sure, I saw her as a child at first but that was a long time ago."

"She was the perfect vessel for my daughter," Miranda glowered, glaring at Mia.

"Then you were raising her to slaughter."

"As were you with Rosemary," Miranda smirked when she saw the look of confusion and horror on Mia's face. "Rose was always going to turn into my Eva. I knew it the second I learnt you were pregnant with her." Miranda stepped to the cage bars, making Mia take a step back. "I must thank you for raising the vessel to be so healthy. Her transition to a crystal was flawless and easy."