I Wish All I Have to Worry About This Morning is a Hangover

"Your usual order this morning, Miss Moreau?" Florin asked with an exaggerated smile.

After the events of last night, the village would not leave you alone. You were constantly asked how everyone could serve you or if you were comfortable. It bugged you to no end and you found yourself drinking more than you normally would. You finally understood why Heisenberg ordered so much alcohol each week and why each of the Lords stayed in their territories all the time.

"Yes, please, Florin," you sighed. You were feeling the after-effects of the alcohol you consumed last night through a relatively large headache. "Three eggs and some milk, please."

"Right away, ma'am," Florin said as he pulled out three eggs and a bottle of milk. He put them in your basket for you and waved you off. "Have a blessed day, Miss, Moreau."

"Thanks, Florin, you as well." You clamped your mouth shut in regret.

Rumours have already started circulating about how you could bless the village even though it's only been a day. People have claimed that when you wished them a good day, something great would happen in their lives. Like a cow or goat would give twice as much milk or someone's kid miraculously starts to feel better after a few hours of being sick. You've had people come up to you grinning like idiots and you'd send them away with a 'blessing' just to get some peace. Florin was no exception.

"Thank you, Miss Moreau," he exclaimed. "Thank you very much!"

You nodded and handed Florin the appropriate amount of lei. He refused at first but you told him to take the damn lei. You didn't want any kind of charity, Hell, you barely asked your uncle for anything despite his status and riches.

You smiled and waved as you walked away from Florin's little stand and towards the Reservoir. Villagers parted like the Red Sea as you walked by, staring at you as if you were a rare treat. You felt awkward and uncomfortable with all the unwanted attention and you debated telling all of them to fuck off. But you figured that Heisenberg already tried that and decided against it, suffering in silence instead.

"Uncle Sal," you called out as you walked into the mines in the Reservoir, "where are you?"

"Up here!" Uncle Sal's voice came from above you and you looked up. You burst out laughing when you saw your uncle's position. Uncle Sal was hanging onto one of the loose beams for dear life. His crown fell off and was lying on the ground while and a ladder was lying next to it. Uncle Sal had the goofiest grin on his face as he smiled down at you, drinking in your laughter.

"Why are you up there?" You asked between laughs. "You're going to hurt yourself!"

"You seemed sad," Uncle Sal said, "I wanted to cheer you up!"

"By climbing on one of the most unstable beams in the mines?" You asked, still laughing, as you grabbed the ladder and positioned it under your uncle. "Honestly, Uncle Sal."

You shook your head as your uncle slowly climbed down the ladder. He was chuckling too by the time he made it to you. "It was worth it to see your smile," Uncle Sal said as he cupped your cheek. "It's only been a day and you're already miserable..."

"Oh, Uncle Sal," you said, touched at how caring he is to you, "that's so sweet of you." You hugged your uncle and kissed his forehead. "I love you but please don't put yourself in danger next time."

"Alright," Uncle Sal hummed and hugged you back, "I'll be more careful."

You and your uncle started making your way to Uncle Sal's living space, chatting the entire way. You ranted to your uncle about how annoying the villagers have become towards you. He listened intently as you complained about how everyone is treating you like an untouchable object. You even told him how Florin tried to give you stuff for free. To that, Uncle Sal jokingly gasped at the audacity.