Our Taxes are Being Raised for a Fucking Dress?

"Two bottles of wine, one red one white?"

"Check."

"A bottle of orange and strawberry milk tea?"

"Check."

"Whiskey?"

"Check."

"Looks like you have everything," Uncle Sal said as he pocketed your checklist.

Today was the big day of the meeting with the Lords and Mother Miranda and you were terrified. You already went through the checklist a hundred times before you went to the Reservoir. You needed to make sure everything was perfect for the Lords and Mother Miranda. After all, you didn't want to get killed.

You spent day and night perfecting the recipes you made and even wrote them down in case there needed to be improvements should the Lords or Mother Miranda ask for more. You had to admit, Lady Beneviento's drink was the hardest to make. Your talents surrounded alcohol so a non-alcoholic beverage was a challenge. You asked your uncle what sort of drink Lady Beneviento drank on your next visit and Uncle Sal told you that she loved to drink tea but sometimes it was just too hot so she had to wait for it to cool. That day, the Duke gave you a book from a country called Japan that had a recipe for cold tea with a lot of milk in it. You thought that it would be your best option.

You picked up the crate holding all of the alcohol and held it carefully in your arms. "Doesn't mean I'm not scared."

"I understand... but you have nothing to worry about," Uncle Sal reassured you as he led you out of the Reservoir. "Mother will keep you safe, she seemed really excited to meet you. She even called me earlier to confirm that I remembered to bring you tonight."

You smiled as Uncle Sal led you into a tunnel that bypassed the village and towards the cave church. Uncle Sal constantly used it so he wouldn't have to interact with villagers and get to the cave church much faster than through the village. 

You followed your uncle through the narrow cave in silence. A few times, you stepped in a puddle and you hoped that it didn't get your skirt or shoes too messy. You wanted to look as presentable as possible.

When you got to the Reservoir ten minutes ago, Uncle Sal took note of your outfit and practically beamed. He was so happy that you were able to get something nice for the meeting. He even complimented your hair that you chose to neatly style so no hair was in your face. This was one of the few times Uncle Sal had stopped himself from getting less than two feet away from you, he didn't want to ruin the skirt or blouse.

"Alright," Uncle Sal said your name as he spun around, "we're almost there, we just need to turn the corner. But I need to tell you what to do because I know how the others can be." You nodded and kept your full attention on your uncle. "You can't speak unless you are spoken to, okay? And when you're answering a question from any of them, end with their title."

"Uncle Sal... we're taught that in the village."

"But you're not taught that Donna doesn't speak, she talks through her doll Angie instead." Uncle Sal turned back around and led you to a wooden door. "Angie is also her own separate entity because of the Cadou. When she asks a question, you need to address her as 'Miss Angie'."

You nodded as Uncle Sal opened the door. "Yes, Uncle Sal."

Uncle Sal stepped through the door and you waited in the hall.

"Mother Miranda?" Uncle Sal called out. "I have my niece with me..."

You heard footsteps make their way over to your uncle. "Salvatore!" You heard a woman's voice exclaim. "Yes, where is the child?"