Chapter 1: Hotel Underground

Kanina pa iritable si Madame dahil sa mahabang byahe. Alam kong sa konting pagkakamali, maaari niya akong bugahan ng apoy. Mula sa sasakyan, nagmadali akong hilain ang mga gamit para sumunod sa kanya sa lobby ng hotel. She took her time at the reception, knowing well she's considered an important guest.

"The penthouse? Why is it already taken?" Ramdam ko ang dismaya sa boses niya. Her large chest rose on a deep disappointed sigh. She's a big lady, almost triple my size. Kaya hirap siyang gumalaw nang walang nakaalalay sa kanya.

"I thought you reserve the room for your most important guest?" She's trying to subtle persuade the staff to give her a much better room than what they initially had in mind. "This is such a disappointment. I've been your patron since the original owner managed this place." She pursed her thick plum colored lips.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. But we have a very important guest in the hotel right now. But you can still have the executive suite. It's all prepared for your arrival."

"Hmm..." ang tanging sagot ni Madame bago bumaling sa'kin. One of the bellboys from the lobby had offered me help but Madame gave me a glare.

"Okay lang," I said to the bellboy. "Ako na ang bahala dito."

Muli kong hinila ang maleta habang nakasabit ang ilang bag sa balikat ko bago sumunod sa kanya. Umakyat siya sa circular staircase at dahil may kalakihan ang kanyang katawan, ilang hakbang lang ay agad siyang hiningal.

"Eleanor!" tawag niya sa'kin. "You lazy girl. Come here."

Nagtinginan ang mga tao sa lobby, but I didn't mind at all. I had worst words coming from her. Lumapit ako sa tabi niya and she clasped her chubby hands on my shoulder to guide her steps. Naging triple ang bigat ng mga dala kong gamit habang sa pag-akyat ng hagdan. She kept muttering about whoever got the penthouse suite before her.

Nakarating kami sa pintuan ng suite, finally. Binuksan niya ang pinto gamit ang key card. Halos bumagsak ako sa sahig nang sa wakas ay mailapag ang mga gamit niya. Most of her things were clothes, dresses, and an immense number of shoes and hats for someone who travelled a lot.

Sinumulan kong ayusin ang mga gamit niya habang sinisita niya ang kwarto, searching for a flaw or for something to complain. But the suite was perfectly clean, french style, almost too sophisticated for her taste. There's settees and sofas everywhere, gorgeous lampshade and chandeliers above our heads, and subtle floral wallpaper around the canopy bed.

She immediately took out her burner phone and fit herself in one of the french settee facing the glass window. "We have the people you ordered... yes, a whole family of them... they're in the hotel's underground facility." Her chortle reminded me of horse about to gave birth. "They're from Van Zanth... you know the place has the best of their kind... one of the remaining places where hybrids dominate more than humans..."

Matapos ang tawag, ako ang muli niyang napagdiskitahan. "Hurry up. Don't unpack too much. We're not gonna stay here long, stupid girl." Dahan-dahan siyang tumayo mula sa silya. "I need to go to the hotel cafe for my afternoon tea."

"Yes, madame."

We arrived at the cafe at the ground floor of the hotel. The server that looks so much like a butler greeted the madame and didn't gave me a second glance. Sanay na ako sa ganitong pakikitungo sa'kin lalo na tuwing nasa hotel o restaurant. Madame always make sure I know my place.

The butler led us to the outside part of the cafe where the french tables and chairs were located. The open air cafe was surrounded by large hydrangea bushes and archways. Despite my situation, gustong gusto kong nakikita ang iba't-ibang desenyo at arkitektura ng mga lugar na napupuntahan ni Madame.

Nakaalalay sa kanya maging ang server hanggang sa makaupo siya sa dulong bahagi ng cafe. She took the corner settee so she could survey people with her spectacles while I stood on her side, not allowed to sit, just so everyone knows her standing.

Makalipas ng kalahating oras na pagmamasid sa mga tao sa cafe, searching for important people who might interest her, bumalik ang atensyon niya sa server na hindi na bumalik matapos kunin ang order niya.

She waved her chubby short hand to my direction. "Go fetch my order for me." She always act like she's the most important person in the entire building.

"Yes, madame."

Tumungo ako sa loob ng hotel para maghanap ng server or waiter. But everyone seemed like they were in service of someone else. Napalinga-linga ako ng ilang minuto dahil siguradong malalagot ako kapag nainip si Madame.

Dalawang bata ang nagtakbuhan sa harapan ko. Napaatras ako para iwasan sila, but my back suddenly collided with someone. A hand held me by the shoulder to steady me. I peeled myself away from the broad chest that caught me.

"Sorry..."

I stared at the person in front of me, then caught myself. I wasn't allowed to stare blatantly at people's faces. Kaya agad akong umiwas bago muling nagsalita.

"I'm terribly sorry."

From the brief glance I knew he wasn't an ordinary guest at the hotel. He's tall with clean cut hair and dark piercing eyes. He stood with the pride and refinement of someone who had a title. I knew it so well dahil ang mga taong ito ang hanap ni Madame para sa kanyang mga koneksyon.

"Don't worry about it."

His voice was deep, smooth, like melted honey. Before I could catch another glance of his face, someone called him. "Zack, let's go." Then he left.

Pagalis niya doon ko lang siya nagawang tignan. He walked among the people at the lobby, pero nangingibabaw ang tindig niya, like his mere presence demanded respect, shoulders straight and broad like it never cowered before.

"Hey, isn't he a Van Zanth?"

The gossip from a table reached my ears. Dalawang babaeng guest ng hotel ang pinagmamasdan ang paalis na lalake while sipping their expensive tea in colorful cups.

"I saw him at a party once. What is he doing here in Fabrice?"

"I heard he's soon to be an alpha. Let's approach him."

Van Zanth. The name registered in my senses. Agad akong lumapit sa reception desk para humiram ng papel at ball pen. Pilit ang ngiti ng staff nang bigyan ako ng piraso ng papel. I immediately scribbled the words before running to the soon to be Van Zanth alpha heading out of the hotel.

"Wait-!"

Tumigil ang hininga ko nang makita ang isa sa tauhan ni Madame na papasok sa hotel lobby. Agad niya akong nakita and I immediately shut my lips closed.

"Ano'ng ginagawa mo?" singhal niya sa'kin. "Sinusubukan mo bang tumakas, hah?" I shake my head. I had no intention to escape. "You bitch!"

I held the paper on my back and dropped it to the floor. I kicked it away bago ako kaladkarin ng tauhan ni Madame. Scribbled on the paper were two words.

Hotel underground.

***

Hi there!

This is the 2nd book of Living with a Half Blood! Let's revisit the town of Van Zanth, its mysteries, the eerie silence of the woods, the mansion on the hill, the alpha's family, and a new generation of secrets, romance, politics, deception and adventure! Enjoy the story!

Sincerely,
April

#NeverBeTamed
@breatheapril