Chapter 59: A Date

Chapter 59: A Date

I sat up on the bed still feeling sleepy with the sunlight from the  window reaching my face. With half opened eyes, I roamed my eyes in my room that was suddenly filled with colors.

Flowers. There were hundreds of them. Buckets and bouquets of  different flowers of radiant colors occupied the floor as though my  room had turned into a flower shop. There were roses and daisies, wildflowers and tulips. I stared at them blinking, wondering if I was still dreaming.

I almost had no space to walk with all the flowers surrounding me. I touched the soft petals of one of the tulips. Napakaganda nilang pagmasdan. Ito ang unang beses na makakakita ako ng ganito kadaming bulaklak.

I washed my face and changed clothes to go to the breakfast hall. Paglabas ko sa kwarto, naka-abang sa'kin si Anabeth sa hallway. She  was smiling giddily nang makita niya ang mga bulaklak sa aking  kwarto.

"Do you know about this?" I asked her.

"I just know that they were delivered early this morning and the staff tried their best not to wake you up while preparing them. Looks like the alpha wanted to surprise you."

"Nanggaling ang mga ito sa kanya?"

"Romantic, isn't it?" hagikgik niya sabay kurot sa aking braso. "I didn't know the alpha has this side." Her giggles were almost transferable.  "And oh," dagdag ni Anabeth. "He wants you to dress warm and comfortable today. He told the staff he'll be here after lunch to pick you up."

"Why?" tanong ko nang maglakad kami papunta sa breakfast hall.

"Who knows? Maybe a date?" Muli siyang humagikgik ang pinalo ang braso ko.

A date with the alpha?

Umiling ako. I shouldn't be hoping about such thing when I know he's busy, especially after the commotion at the party a few days ago.  Madami siyang inaasikaso ngayon.

Before heading to the tower after breakfast, instead of the flowers withering alone in my room, I placed most of them in the vases in the hallway, inside the offices, in tables in the breakfast and dining hall. It made the apothecary looking like spring that even the senior staff couldn't help but smile seeing the colorful flowers.

By afternoon, I waited for Zackary in the drawing room in a floral dress under a warm cream coat. I informed one of the senior staff earlier that I would take the rest of the day off but I wonder what Zackary had planned.

Is there another party that we needed to attend? Is he having a hard time?

One of the orders assigned in the apothecary informed me that Zackary had arrived. Agad akong tumayo para salubungin siya sa driveway. He was casually dressed when he stepped out of the car. Black shirt and  denim jeans under a long black coat.

I walked to him and immediately searched his face for something that might be wrong. But there was no negative expression that can cause  me to worry. Instead, his face looked pleasant today as if he had a good rest.

"Is there something wrong?" tanong niya nang mapansin ang pag-aalala ko.

"I was thinking of an important reason why you want to see me today."

Kumunot ang noo niya habang nakatitig sa'kin. "Do I need an important reason to visit you? Or do you want me to shut down the whole town to have a date with you?"

Nanlaki ang aking mga mata sa kanyang sinabi. "Just tell me and I will-"

I reached for his mouth to clasp with my hand. "Zack!" I exclaimed.