Chapter 60: Bliss

Warning: this chapter contains mature scenes. You can skip this part or read at your own risk.

Chapter 60: Bliss

The earlier heavy and downcast sky turned to gray when we left the headquarters. As we drove back to the road, I asked Zackary. "Are we heading out of town?"

"It's only a ten-minute drive from here."

I was relieved by his answer dahil hindi ko gustong magmaneho siya habang umuulan. Although the only place I could think of ten minutes away from here was the Van Zanth mansion.

But instead of heading up the hill, we took the opposite direction where lush trees lined the road and every now and then, I could see the tip of houses behind towering walls.

"May bibisitahin ba tayo?" tanong kong muli kay Zackary.

Rain started to pour and showered the car windows. Hindi sumagot si Zackary. His eyes remained on the road ahead. The car turned to a corner to a private property surrounded by low hedges and soaring trees.

At the end of the road, something caught my eye. In the middle of the downpour, peeking behind the towering trees was a breathtaking mansion with a sweeping courtyard surrounded by walls covered in lush green vines.

Muli akong bumaling kay Zackary sa driver's seat. "Who are we visiting?"

Ngumiti lamang siya. With the gates opened, we easily arrived at the driveway. Several landscaping equipment were piled near the main door making Zackary sigh heavily. The place looked newly built or renovated and I could easily tell it might be as big as the Van Zanth mansion.

We stepped out of the car to the main door with Zackary covering my head with his coat for me to avoid being drenched. There were no people around yet, no guards or helpers in the mansion. And yet, the place remained undisturbed as if no one would dare trespass the property.

Pagdating namin sa pintuan, instead of worrying for himself being drenched, Zackary checked for my shoulders and the tip of my hair damped by the rain.

"Let's head inside."

He opened the main door with his keys. The entire place was silent. No one was inside. A wide hall greeted our sights, enough to hold parties and gatherings. On the far side was a grand staircase leading to the second floor. The place had been fully furnished with sofas, tables, couches, and even decors.

"Zack?"

Napansin ni Zackary ang pagtataka sa aking mukha. Doon niya tuluyang sinagot ang aking tanong mula pa kanina. "Remember the mansion I've told you about?"

Mansion? I remembered the instance Zackary had asked me where I want to stay with him. Zanra also mentioned about a certain place Zackary owned when he became an alpha. Hinawakan ni Zackary ang aking palad. Pareho naming pinagmasdan ang mansion mula sa doorway.

"This is the mansion built specifically for me and for the person I chose to be with for the rest of my life, and I want you to be that person, Eleanor."

My heart skipped a beat, like I suddenly didn't know how to breathe. Bumaling ako kay Zackary sa aking tabi, napatitig sa kanyang mukha na hindi kakikitaan ng pag-aalinlangan. Bago pa ako makapagsalita, a sudden flash from the glass window stunned me. It light up the dim mansion followed by a roaring thunder.

"I'll get towels upstairs to dry you up."

Akmang aalis si Zackary nang abutin ko ang kanyang damit para hilain. Lumingon siya sa'kin, nagtataka. I bit my lips before mumbling. "Can I... go with you?"