Epilogue: Part 2 (End)

Anabeth couldn't help squealing. I had to calm her down while the three of us, including Zanra, were inside the apothecary's greenhouse where they cornered me about the ring in my hand. Maging si Zanra ay hindi mapigilan ang ngiti sa kanyang labi.

"Oh my God. He proposed to you, finally!"

Hindi maitago ang excitement sa boses ni Anabeth. It's been days since the proposal happened ngunit ngayon lamang nakita ng dalawa ang singsing.

Anabeth grabbed my hand to check on the gold ring with the green emerald stone. Ilang beses na niya itong ginawa mula kaninang umaga pero nandoon parin ang excitement sa kanyang mukha.

"The stone and the cut. He really knows you."

Maging ang mga senior staff sa apothecary ay nabanggit ang tungkol sa bagay na ito. They said that emeralds are more valuable and rarer than diamonds. Although I didn't really understand this type of things. If Zackary would ask me the same question without a ring, my answer to him would remain the same.

"He had it specifically made." Nakaupo kaming tatlo sa bench malapit sa lily pond nang sabihin ito ni Zanra. "That stone is one of the family heirlooms."

Nagningning ang mga mata ni Anabeth sa narinig. "That means your parents knew about the alpha's plan to propose to Eleanor."

"We were already aware of his plan for quite some time before Zackary officially informed my parents about it during a family dinner. Of course, that also means I got to hear everything. Uncle Sebastian and Alexander were also there."

Nabigla ako sa sinabi ni Zanra. "Alex knew?"

Ngumiti si Zanra. "Your brother's approval is important, not only for Zackary but for my entire family. He's your remaining family and Zackary had been working to gain your brother's approval before the proposal."

Pinagmasdan ni Zanra ang singsing sa aking daliri.

"Everyone knows this is bound to happen sooner or later. After all the things you've been through with Zackary, there's nothing more deserving to have this moment than the two of you."

Natahimik kaming tatlo. We were all sitting on the bench, staring at the calm water of the pond. Parang kailan lang noong una ko silang nakilala. Anabeth, the youngest staff of the apothecary and Zanra, the frail daughter of the former alpha.

Parang kailan lang noong puno kami ng pangamba mula sa iba't ibang sitwasyon na aming pinagdadaanan. But here we are... enjoying the silence, the calmness, knowing we've survived the things we've been through.

"So I guess the double celebration is in full swing this weekend?"

Anabeth turned to both Zanra and I, confirming about the celebration happening this weekend in the mansion-- my home with Zackary. Ito ang unang beses na magkakaroon kami ng bisita at pagdiriwang sa mansion.

Tumango si Zanra.

"It'll be Eleanor's birthday celebration and engagement party where everyone in town will know that Eleanor will soon be a part of our family. The Van Zanth."

--

Dumating ang weekend. Everything was prepared for in the mansion. Ang mga dekorasyon, ang hall kung saan gaganapin ang pagdiriwang, ang mga pagkain at inumin para sa mga bisita. Hindi ko akalain na madaming bagay ang kailangang ikonsidira para sa isang maayos na pagdiriwang.

I was glad that there were people from the Van Zanth mansion whose expertise was to organize such party. Sila ang mga taong nasa likod ng bawat engrandeng pagdiriwang sa mansiyon ng mga Van Zanth. And this mansion in the woods, this home with Zackary, would soon be the same.