The Incident At The Ball

When Yunlan and Shen Wei  came back they were surprised  they're  invited to the ball of the king.

   "Are  you sure I'm invited there?" Shen Wei  look worried at the invitation. Because he know his didi will make him  look  like a villain in it. Yunlan assured him that he will be at his side.

    When the ball came, it was a grand one every rich, high officials  and important  people came.  Shen Wei  was so nervous  in coming there, luckily the receptionist  gave every guests a mask to concealed  their identity. Shen Wei  is wearing a mask of a rabbit while Yunlan a fox. "Xiao Wei! Your so cute in that mask." Shen Wei  giggle upon hearing that.

    Not far King Yezun look down at the balcony to see whose his guests is. Seeing his gege excited him. His wife the Queen Ying Chun isn't  quite happy seeing Shen Wei.  Because his husband  attention  is on his twins again. "Why did you invite him? Our ally won't  like it!" Yezun smirk, "Don't  worry! It's  a mask party no one will know his here only you and I!" But before he leave to greet the guest.

   "Why do you like to torture  your gege? Why can't  you leave him alone! You have everything!" His wife ask. "Because dear eventhough  we have an  identical face. I hate his face, his smile! Ever since were children he can easily can get everything with that angelic face of him! While I was set aside by my parents! That's  why I snatched  everything from him! Even his happiness!" Looking at Yunlan. "Yes why not! I want him to be miserable  for the rest of his life!"

    He took the queen's hand as both descended  downstairs wearing their mask. The guards announced  their arrival. While the queen tried to smile as she greeted the guest but can't  help to clench her fist seeing the twin of his husband  face to face. For she felt she's  the third wheel of the two.

   "Welcome  all!" Yezun shout. All bow to him including his gege. "Yes gege just bow your head always to me!" He said to himself.  Shen Wei  thought after this his didi will leave quickly. But he stick like a glue to Yunlan whose praising him non stop of his bravery and justice. While throwing  insults at his gege's corruption.

   "Your majesty please! That's not all the fault of Sheriff Shen Wei? He just didn't  notice his curropt officials!" Yunlan tried to defend his wife. Whose getting uneasy on the party. "Did you tell him that his the reason why you become the hero that we all knew?" That made Shen Wei  look up at his didi, "Yes gege! One of your official the mayor! Lady Wang's  father took everything  from Yunlan! Including his meimei!"

   Shen Wei  widen his eyes as he look at Yunlan. "Please stop! This is a party dear husband! Where here to celebrate not to taunt anyone!" The queen tried pulling Yezun away because everyone is whispering  and murmuring  whose  the king talking about.

   "Oh yes! I forgot where here to have some fun!" As he sign the musician to play a beautiful music. And pulled his queen to dance. But before that, "Yunlan don't  leave yet I'm gonna give you an award for being our hero in our town!" As he took the queen's hand and dance.

   "Xiao Wei  if your uncomfortable  we can leave?" But Shen Wei  shoved his hand and went to the banquet to drink. His fuming  in anger to his didi but he can't  help it because everything  is true. He was blinded by power and richness  and forgot his duty.  He was about to drink some more wine when Yunlan stop him.

   "Enough! Where leaving!" Yunlan pulled Shen Wei  but he retrieve  his hand.  "No! This is your night! You deserve all of this!" Shen Wei  said. "By stomping on you?! Your didi is humiliating you right infront of  my face! If I only knew I will pretend to be sick so I won't be attending this dreadful party! Royals!"

    Shen Wei  almost cried hearing that from Yunlan. "What's  the matter?" He ask and look worried to him. Shen Wei  suddenly  pulled Yunlan at the garden to breath some fresh air. The moon shines on the garden's flowers making it an enchanted  to watch.

   "Thank you for always defending me eventhough  I hurt you in the past!" Shen Wei  wipe his tears. Yunlan took off the mask.  And caress his face. Shen Wei look so fragile and beautiful.  Yunlan wonder why his didi is angry at this angelic face. "Forget about the past! What's done is done! Just think about our present and future!" And kiss his soft, pink lips.

   Shen Wei  was so happy  he didn't  know what good deeds he done in the past. To get a good looking husband whose kind and love him so dearly.

   After the dance, King Yezun tried  to find his gege only to see how happy he is  in Yunlan's  arms. He can't  help to gritted  his teeth as he got an idea. He smirk making his queen nervous  as she know something  he will do again to his twin.

   He call everyone  to gather around him, even Yunlan and his gege. He called Yunlan to the stage as he took off his mask. And introduce him to everyone as the hero of the town. Everybody clapped and cheered. Well not all because some of the rich people there he had cross. "So his the thief Yunlan!" They whispered  to one another.

   After that they were shocked on the next  announcement  of the king. As Yunlan will be given the title  sheriff of the town and will be  given  a grand house in the town as well. Shen Wei  went pale as he know that house is his. King Yezun just confiscate it and now was giving  to Yunlan.

    Yunlan widen his eyes and bow to the king. He thank him but can't  take what he gives  to him as he look to his wife shocked  face. "Don't  you like my gift? It will be much comfortable living in our town than exile in the forest! And you will have many servants! Your meimei would be please!" Yunlan tried not to take it. But the king suddenly  said, "If you don't  took it I won't  be please! And you know when I get angry!" Yezun jokingly pout making everyone laugh. "But it mean that I can take my wife as well!" Yunlan counter attack him, making Yezun frown.