The breakdown- Chapter 14

Starts 

Rivan: Thanks Shayne! (pushing the door) Riva!!

Vansh: Riva......

They enter the room to see all the things shattered and are on the floor. The room was entirely messy, clothes scattered around, papers flying around and Riva, on the corner of the room. She hadn't passed out and Rivan was thankful for that. The last time she had passed out it had led to a huge health problem, she was critical and in hospital for more than 2 days. Rivan and Vansh immediately ran to her while the family followed.

She was there sitting. She had her knees hugging her chest, her head buried in her hands and her palms trying to cover her ears as if trying to stop all sounds nears her. She was breathing heavily. Rivan quickly went and hugged her tight, trying to comfort her while Vansh and the rest of the family were in deep shock looking at her state. Rivan was caressing her hair, trying to give her the peace she deserved and not the mental torture she always went through. He felt as if his heart was pierced when he saw her crying inconsolably. Even though he used to fight with her, he knew they shared a blood relation, he loved her more than she must have imagined, he was a brother after all and it was his duty to protect his sister, but he always thought that he failed whenever he saw her in such a miserable state.

Rivan: (hugging her caressing her hair) Riva.... Shsh, pls calm down!! (trying to stop his tears) You're my brave sister, don't worry they're not going to come again!

Riva: (fearfully raised her head) No.... I'm not brave! (crying) He'll come again and .... Mom and me and will try to (breathing heavily) No please

Her eyes were red, full of tears. They had lost their charm they carried. Her eyes had lost that courage and attitude she carried. It was as if it all had just gone in a second just because of that small flash she saw. Her eyes had fear, fear of losing someone too close to her. Her cheeks had dried marks of tears that rolled down, and wet tear marks as they continued to roll down.

Rivan: Ri, please calm down, take slow breathes. Riva nothing's going to happen now. I'm there with you!

Riva: (nodding her head in negative) No no I can't!! I CAN'T! I CAN'T! (she shouted at the top of her voice and was shivering) She's in that condition because of me as well! My fault!! That guy.. he (she closed her mouth to prevent herself from saying anything else and wept)

Rivan: Riva... For Mom!!

She looked at him, helpless. She had to do this, for her mom. She couldn't deny that, she had to punish her criminals, she had to punish her mom's criminals. She had to bring back her family together then how could she have thought to give up so easily. She shivered, she didn't have any energy left to answer that. Her eyes requested him to help her to the bed, she needed it badly. She wanted someone near her, to comfort her, like a mum does. She wanted her mum to pull her into a cozy hug, she wanted her mother's love to wipe her tears and comfort her, to encourage her. She longed for her mother's hug from the past 9 years. Rivan understood her gesture and tried helping her to get up.

She took time to get up with his support. She was as if a body with no life, no energy. Vansh helped Rivan in taking her to the bed, while she looked at him, desperately. She had no mum to comfort her when she got her attacks from the past 9 years and today when she got one, she was blessed to have her dad with her, just that he was unknown to that fact. She wanted to sleep in his lap, and was desperate to get all the love that she and Rivan missed all 18 years. She slept on the bed, with Rivan by her side. She hugged him tight and unknowingly held Vansh's hand and clutched it tight, leading him to make place for himself on the bed.

Her touch had affected him, just like Riddhima's had done.

Flashback

In the Uni