Pithi- chapter 49

Starts

The Pithi ceremony was held at the Rai Singhanias; VR Mansion. It was one of the last rituals before the actual wedding. The Pithi was held in the garden beside the house. There was a podium that was fully decorated in yellow marigold flowers and two chairs were kept but at a distance. One side for the groom and the other for the bride.

The ladies from VR mansion came with all the necessities that were needed for the ritual. They had arranged it on a huge plate neatly. For the Pithi a yellow paste was made for the groom and bride. It is made out of turmeric, chickpea flour, rose water and water giving a yellow colored paste as the final product. They had filled small matlis which are also small pots with the Pithi and placed them on the plate.

They were all dressed in white and yellow clothing. The Raichands arrived and Rivan brought Riddhima to the podium. Riddhima wore a simple yellow dress and Rivan wore a yellow kurta.

She sat down on the chair and dadi went with a plate to her. She uncovered the plate and revealed the beautiful flower made jewelry. She made Riddhima wear them for the ceremony. Soon then Vansh arrived with Riva

Riva had worn a yellow jumpsuit while Vansh was bare chested and a white dhoti down.

He sat on the chair that was slightly away from Riddhima's. Before they could face each other and talk with each other through their eyes, Aryan and Kabir put up a cloth between them. Dadi laughed at the faces they made.

Dadi: (laughing) It's a ritual, you can't see each other till we drench you with Pithi!

Ishani: It's going to be so fun to do it on Bhai! (laughing wickedly) I'll be taking all the revenge, I still remember how you had done on my Pithi.

Vansh: Oh my God....please save me from this devil!

Flashback

Ishani was sitting on the podium when everyone was taking some pithi in their hands and applying it on her. Vansh came downstairs and stood in the line to apply to her. When his turn came he

Vansh: So this witch needs a lot cleaning!

Ishani: Bhai you called me a witch!

Vansh: Any doubt? Of course you because you are one!

Ishani: Not fair!

Vansh took a handful of Pithi in his hands and straight put it on her face, he took more before she could say anything and put it on her hair making her quiet as she whined about it. Everyone laughed seeing her, she actually now looked like a witch covered in yellow!

Flashback ends

They commenced the ceremony with Riddhima. Aryan went first and took some pithi in his hands and applied on her cheeks, her hands and her legs. He took some rose water from one of the other matlis and sprinkled over her. He kissed her forehead and went towards Vansh's side and waited. Then followed Kabir who followed his brother, then came the twins. They had a naughty glint in their eyes that twinkled which was noticed by Riddhima.

Riddhima tried objecting but took the entire matli of pithi and poured the paste over her. She scrunched up her nose and shrunk her eyes as it penetrated down her. The twins laughed seeing her and went towards the other side. Then came Dadi, Ishani, Siya, Anisha and Shayne. They applied a bit and went to the other side. Angre and Sahil took the pithi on their fingers and considering Riddhima as their sister did a little tilak on her forehead.

On the other hand, Dadi started applying the pithi on Vansh followed by the rest of the elders. The twins took a handful of pithi and spread it entirely on his body, covering his arms and legs and face wholly. After that the family members handed some token of gifts to the groom and bride as a sign of auspiciousness.

The DJ that was present put some music on which the family members danced and pulled in Riansh. They all danced on Gallan goodiyan. As the song finished Vansh and Riddhima were pushed towards each other in middle of the circle that the family members formed around them.

Vansh engulfed his fingers with Riddhima's finger and pulled her close to him. Her breathe hitched at his sudden move and she looked up at him, her eyes meeting his eyes.

Thami thami si saasein
Jeene lagi, jeene lagi..
Hai tumse jo mil gayi, jo mil gayi

He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled him closer. He roamed his other free hand on her face, removing the strand of hair that was obstructing his view.

Asar yeh kaisa teri chaahat ka hai mujhpe ho gaya
Zarra zarra mere dil ka ab tujh mein hi kho gaya

He brought his head closer to hers and touched their foreheads while they both closed their eyes to feel the moment of their love.

Meharbaan woh rab barsa hai jab se tu hai mil gaya
Tujhko pa ke aisa laage ke khud se hoon mil gaya

Vansh took his head off her and noticed her eyes still closed. He smiled seeing that and he took his lips closer to her ears and whispered "we haven't applied on each other, why not do it now" on which she opened her eyes wide. He brought his cheek near hers and rubbed it together while his hands went up her arm. She blushed when she saw everyone hooting for them and she pushed him slightly.

Ke lagyo re lagyo
Ke rang jo lagyo re
, Ke rang jo lagyo re
Ke thaaro rang
Ke thaaro rang

Lots of photos were taken of the couple and everyone to treasure as a memory. Aryan signaled Rivan and Riva and they quickly went to the podium, bringing the hug pot of water while Riddhima and Vansh stared at each other. Rivan and Riva stood on opposite sides and threw all of the water on them, drenching them completely causing their pithi to wash off leaving the color of their love on each other.

The both parted and went inside assisted by the twins to wash off properly and wear proper clothes. The rest waited for them in the living room as they had once more ceremony to do with Riddhima. Riddhima along with Vansh came down in simple white.

Riddhima sat down on one of the sofas and Aryan and Kabir approached her with another plate; that consisted of her bridal dress, her jewelry, her bangles and her make up items. She looked at them with teary eyes as she remembered her mother. This ritual was called the "Mameru" which derived from the words "Ma" and "Mama". It was a ritual where the mother and mother's brother would hand over the wedding dress to the bride and bless her with extreme happiness.

Riddhima stretched her hands to pick it but Aryan pulled it back and instead handed it over to Dadi. Dadi smiled and went to Riddhima, caressed her face and rubber her tears off. She handed it over to her and kissed her forehead, blessing her.

Dadi: A grandmother is a mother too right? (smiling) No matter how old I'll get, I'm still a mother and will always remain.

Riddhima: thank you dadi for this! (smiling)

Dadi: would you thank you mother? No right then why are you thanking me. It's my duty!

Rivan clicked a few pics of the newly made relationship of the mother-daughter and they all adored their bond.

Precap:

Lagan

I hope you enjoyed reading this second last chapter. Please do vote and comment! 

I'll be glad to receive your responses to this ending. 

~Parita