The Proposal- chapter 40

starts

Riddhima's POV

My family is back again with me, I have nothing more to ask for except the truth. I need to know the truth, Angre will have to answer now. I need to find an opportunity to talk to him about it. Does Vansh know? If he doesn't then I don't know how he's going to react when he gets to know that Angre was also involved. Who's shaking me...oh Vansh, I'm so lost in my own world I didn't notice he was calling me.

POV Ends

Vansh: Riddhima....Riddhima! (shaking her) Where are you lost?

Riddhima: Huh? Umm nowhere I'm just here.

Vansh: look everyone's even left. (to Angre) You can leave to we'll talk tomorrow.

Angre's POV

Finally Bhabhi is awake from coma. It's the best day for bhai, he's so happy, I wish them to stay always happy like this. But Bhabhi seems lost....is she talking about (guilty) I'm sure she wants to have a talk with me. I didn't expect it to go on for so long but I'm also at fault. Bhai commanded me to go while I agreed staring at Bhabhi.

POV Ends

Angre: Yes bhai. Take care Bhabhi

Riddhima: Angre wait I want to talk to you

Vansh: No Angre you leave, Riddhima you need rest.

Riddhima: But Vansh

Vansh: (interrupting her) No means no, Angre you go.

Angre: Yes bhai.

Vansh: Riddhima now come on...you've exerted too much and you need proper rest. (tucking her in)

Riddhima: Rivan and Riva?

Vansh: They're in their room, I'll go and check on them later, but for now you sleep.

Riddhima: Yea fine.

Riddhima soon cuddled up with Vansh and fell asleep due to the effects of the heavy medications. Soon after Vansh got out of her hold and went and peeked in the kids' room. He entered and saw them sleeping peacefully and cutely after all they got their peaceful sleep after ages. He pecked both of them on their foreheads and left the room back to his and cuddled Riddhima back to sleep. Finally getting a peaceful sleep.

The next day

Riddhima: It's getting so boring here, Vansh let me at least go downstairs (on the bed)

Vansh: No way! (on his laptop) You're going to stay here and rest.

Riddhima: But Vansh...(interrupted)

Riva: (entering their room) No ifs and no buts! Dad is right

Rivan: absolutely and mom its just a matter of two more days and you'll be fully recovered.

Riva and Rivan sat on the bed with her when Riddhima suggested...

Riddhima: So why don't you go on with your story Vansh?

Rivan: (excited) Yea dad go on...I want to know what happens next

Riva: Yea why not

Vansh: okay fine (closing his laptop) So we had become friends, best friends and we used to hang out with each other. Angre then later helped me realize my feelings for her.

Riddhima: And Sejal helped me (blushing)

Flashback

In the canteen

Angre: Vansh, come on...accept your feelings for her!

Vansh: Which feelings and what huh? Stop bothering me (irritated)

Angre: Fine so you don't want to agree that you feel for Riddhima, you don't want to agree that you can't ever see her hurt, you always want to protect her and you want to keep her close to you.

Vansh: (hesitant) But....i don't

Angre: Vansh come one, so you're fine if Rithik proposes her today!

(Rithik is some random guy)

Vansh: (anger) Why would he propose my sweetheart! How dare he?

Angre: (laughing) see now...that's what I'm talking about. You call her sweetheart, you can't let anyone else propose her then, isn't it love?

Vansh: (thinking) It is love? (realizing) I'm truly in love! I'm in love with her Angre! (jumping in happiness)

In the Park

Riddhima: Sejal not even a word now, you've busy talking about Vansh and my feelings and all but

Sejal: Riddhima not don't tell me you deny those feelings. Okay tell me one thing, don't you feel angry when Shristi talks and lingers around Vansh? Don't you adore him in class? Don't you feel hurt when he is hurt?

Riddhima: Shristi! She's so annoying, always around my Vansh! (anger) My Vansh?

Sejal: (smiling) Exactly what I'm talking about

Riddhima: I do feel hurt when he is hurt, (thinking) my heart starts beating extremely fast when I think or see him! I'm in love with him!

Sejal: Is that meant to be a question?

Riddhima: Of course not, I'm admitting it! (blushing)

Flashback ends

Rivan: Oh how cute it was! (smiling)

Riva: Who proposed first? (curious)

Vansh: Your mum!

Riva: Mom! Woah (Riddhima nodded)

Flashback

Riddhima came to a beautifully decorated place in a short green shimmer tight fitted dress, her back open and in emerald green high heels. She had her hair enclosed in a messy ponytail with her eyes surrounded by a smoky green shadow. Her lips were rosy matte red and she wore huge hoops. She picked her phone up and called Angre.

Riddhima: Angre did you send him? (curious)

Angre: Yes I did, he's almost about to reach. Be ready and all the best! (smiling)

Riddhima: Thank you (blushing)

She hung up the call and went to her position as planned. She saw a car approaching the venue and she quickly turned off the lights. Vansh descended in a black tuxedo and approached the dark venue. As he entered in rose petals fell over him and he smiled, thinking about what was going to come. In the distance he saw "I Love You" on a board, surrounded by bright lights.

He walked to it and stopped when he saw Riddhima showing her back towards him when the lights came. She slowly turned to him and went on her knees while Vansh admired her and was lost in her beauty.

Riddhima: I never knew I'd be here like this but what to do your love made me insane behind you. Your love and you have a magic that has trapped me fully and has caged my heart with you. I've never been this delighted in my life when I realized this beautiful feeling I have towards you. I love you Vansh! Vansh will you be able to hold on to my heart for the rest of your life? (smiling)

Vansh.....

Precap:

Reply to the proposal

Marriage?

Hope you liked it, please do vote and comment. I'll post the next one after 25+ or 30+ votes

~Parita