Bonding- Chapter 31

starts 

Vansh: Riddhima!! You have to wake up dammit!! For us and for our kids (looking at them) Angre!! Aryan, call the best doctors and let's shift her to VR mansion. I'll talk to her, she has to wake up! She'll be treated here and she'll wake up here! (tears) Riva and Rivan go prepare with dadi and Ishani, her room needs to be sorted out! No our room!

Aryan: (going inside the ambulance in tears) Riddhu!! (cupping her face) Riddhu what have you done to yourself? Why are you irresponsible towards yourself...in the hospital when we got to know that you were alive our happiness had no bounds then we realized all that happened to you. Why did God have to do that to you!!

Vansh: (in shock) You knew it back in the hospital?

Rivan: How?

Kabir: (coming in) The music box, we had gifted it to Riddhu! (crying)

Angre: Bhai I've called the doctors, till then let's shift Bhabhi to the room.

The nurse and everyone else helped to take her in the room. Vansh carried her carefully and adjusted her on the bed. The nurse arranged all her machines in position and all waited for the doctor to come. Everyone was mum, no one spoke a word and just thought about how much Riddhima and the kids suffered. Thought about how much Riddhima went through that she was lying on the bed with machines supporting her. Thought about how much the kids had to struggle without their mother. The rest of the members were in the hall while Vansh and the kids were in the room with Riddhima.

The doctor arrived and told them to exit the room while he would check on her. Not willing to leave, Vansh fought with the doctor but the kids made him understand and took him outside where the rest were standing. Anisha and Shayne tried comforting the kids while Dadi and Angre were trying to comfort Vansh. The doctor took about 20 mins to check on her completely and arrived.

Doctor: Mr Vansh, how long has she been in coma for?

Riva and Rivan: 9 years

Doctor: Okay taking that in mind, she's got some slight improvement.

Sejal: Yes doctor, doctors there were also monitoring her improvement in health and they had said there was not much improvement.

Doctor: Yea, these few days are really critical for her. In these days she may be able to wake up from coma or she may not be able to, in that case I'm sorry to say but she may die.

Vansh: (in shock) What!! No way doctor! (anger) You've got to save her! I'm warning you, if anything happens to her I'm going to sue you and your hospital!! (holding his collar)

Doctor: Mr Vansh, I understand your feelings, but I'm better at this field, I'm a neurologist. What she has gone through was difficult, her case is difficult. I have given some of the medicines do get them and inject them in the fluid bottle from time to time. (leaves)

Vansh: (crying) Why does this have to happen!! The day when I got two of my biggest happiness is the day that gives me the worst news!! If she goes then I will die too! (he breaks down on the floor) She has to get better, for me, for our kids!! (realizing) Kids...kids. Rivan and Riva (murmuring, he got up and turned behind to see none of them there) Where are they?

Ishani: They were right here! (worried) I hope they don't do anything wrong

Vansh: Shit!! No I know them, they wouldn't give up on life so easily! (walking towards their room)

Dadi: (from behind) Vansh, don't break down in front of them! You need to be strong in front of them (he nodded)

Vansh wiped off his tears and made up his mind to not break down. He needed to live for them at least. He had to be strong in front of them. He went towards their room, sensing they would be there. Before he entered, all the words kept running through his mind. From the point they entered, to the time when Riva refused to eat the dessert due to her allergy, him linking it with himself and Riddhima, them being so fierce, the similarities between him and them. He yearned for them to call him their father. He was proud being their father, they handled everything so perfectly.