Chapter 7 ~ Last Day of Spring Break

Today is the last day of spring break, however, today is my birthday! Michael and I have spent the last two days apart so that we could have some time with our families. Today, he is coming over with his mom to help me celebrate my birthday.
When they arrive around eleven, they have three bags of presents and two wrapped big ones. I guess they really take birthdays seriously. As they walk in he says, "My moms love language is gifts."
"I can tell," I respond.
"You must be Michael's mom Teresa," my mom greets her.
"That's right. You must need some help in here with all that cooking to do for such a big party."
"I'm fine. Your a guest."
"No no. Your family now. It's really no trouble." Teresa tells my mom putting on an apron.
Then Michael takes my hand and we go sit in the living room where no one else is.

"Darling, I'm sorry for my family and that you had such a terrible time meeting them." Michael speaks giving me that tingly feeling again.
"It's alright. I'm still alive and breathing. Let's just forget about it and we can try again during the summer. Besides, today's my birthday, we should have fun."
"Okay, would your family be totally against it if I stole you and the twins for dinner after the party?" He asks.
"I think my mom will let us since the party is at noon. Everyone should be gone by then." I tell him. "Ella has Kayleigh and Kyle right now, she'll bring them when the party starts. You want to ride quads with me untill everyone arrives?"

"Sure," he tells me. So we head in to the kitchen to get the keys out of the drawer, then we go into the laundry room to get helmets. I pull out my helmet which is red and black, then give michael our extra helemet that has gray and red on it; mostly gray though. I then leave Michael there while I go get dressed in my riding uniform. My riding geer consists of red and black riding pants and shirt set, red and black gloves, a red and black helmet, and red gogles; then there is my cowgirl boots, brown and turquoise. I pull my riding pants over though, that way all a person can see is the brown toe of my boots.

Once I'm done changing, we go up to the wood shed and I unlock it. In order to get our quads out of the wood shed, we first have to we have to move the tractor out of the breezeway, open the shed door, pull out the riding lawn mower, and then pull out the quad we want to ride. After we have done all of that, and it is time to pull the quads out, I tell him, "My quad is the red 400 Polaris with the racing pipe on it."

"Figured, your wearing all red."

"Well, mine used to be a blue 250 Trail Blazer. Even when I had all of my red riding gear."

"Okay well lets haul this thing outta here then." He says getting reay to push it. I steer it in the right direction and pull from the front. After that one is out we have to pull out a quad for Michael to ride. "Which one do I get?"

"How about Ella's? Hers is the gray 350 Yamaha, it has a clutch. Actually, you know why don't you drive mine and I'll drive my dads. His is in the garage."Michael gets on mine and starts it since its similar to his, and I get on the back. He drives us down to the garage. I tell him to wait out side as I walk into the garage. I open the big garage door and back out my dads quad. Michael, I'm sure, is druling on the inside of his helmet. My dads quad is a blue 700 Grizzly. It has lots of power and is big compared to the 400 Michael is on. I just laugh at his and continue on to the trails. I lead first to show off a little. I go fast and slide around corners, get all four wheels off the ground as I go over jumps, and just do some simple tricks here and there. After a while I let him lead and then I see Ella drive up, Michael must of seen the same since at the next exit he turned off the trail. We park the quads out side my house in the back where the trails are and then Michael asks me "Can we take Kyle and Kayleigh out for a ride?"

"Yeah! Let's go get them," I say.

So we head in through the laundery room and grab their helmets on the way through. "Do you guys want to go for a quad ride?" I ask as they walk through the door.