Chapter 12 ~ Surprise

Nate comes plowing through my door. "Michael wake up!" He starts shaking me.
"What!?! I'm sleeping!" I grumble.
"It's only one in the morning!! Get up!"
"It's only one in the morning?" I ask, raising my eye brow.
"You'll never guess what I just did!!"
"Do I want to know?" I say questioningly.
"Of course!"
Sitting up now, I ask, "Okay, what did you do?"
"I proposed! Rileigh and I are getting married!!"
Ginning, I say to Nate, "Enjoying your life as a bachelor, eh?"
Nate playfully shoves me, "Shut up, I was trying to save you from yourself."
"And I'm the one that needs saving?"
He just gives me this look.

**********************

Abigail's P.O.V.

Rileigh leaps on top of me at one in the morning. This time I'm not sleeping, thankfully. I'm reading my book assigned to us for psychology. I am behind because I don't like reading if I don't like the book. I think that it's a waste of time.
"You'll never guess what just happened!!" Rileigh says.
"Well considering you just got back from meeting up with Nate, I'm gonna guess something to do with him. By the way, you broke curfew again." I tell her.
"Yeah!" Holding up her left hand, she says, "He proposed!!"
"Your getting married!?! Yay! Any dates picked?"
"Not yet."
"How did he propose?"
"Since it was past curfew, we went to a coffee shop outside of campus. He ordered me my usual while I sat and waited at the table. When the coffees were ready, he brought them over to me and sat across from me. He handed me my coffee, I took a drink, and then noticed, on the two little red straws, was a ring! I looked up at him and he smiled hugely, got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him! I of course said yes!" She finished.
"Wow, Rileigh! I'm so happy for you." I tell her.
"Yeah, well I'm gonna go to sleep now, and dream about what our children are going to look like." She tells me as I just laugh at her.
A few minutes after Rileigh went to sleep I could here her calm breathing and I knew she was out. Then my phone started ringing. I jump to get it and then walk out to the balcony, closing the door behind me so I don't wake either of my sleeping roommates.

"Hello?"

"Hey Darling!"

"Why are you calling?! It's one in the morning!"

"Yeah well I figured you'd be awake since Rileigh just got back and had some pretty big news!"

"How do you know about that?"

"Nate."

"Okay, so why exactly are you calling me?"

"On Monday we are going to have an engagement party for them. But they don't know. It's going to be a surprise. It's only going to be the class, I need you to call and get a cake, and clear it with the professor."

"Okay? Who gave you this idea?"

"I did."

"Oh... what is the color scheme."

"Pink is Rileigh's favorite color, and orange is Nate's. So pink and orange?"

"Okay, I'll call the bakery in the morning. When is this party?"

"Friday. "

"That's not much time. Are you sure they want to announce it?"

"They told you and me didn't they?"

"Telling their best friend, is totally different than telling their whole class."

"Ehh."

"Whatever."

"Love you darling. See you in the morning."

"Okay, I love you too."

We hang up the phone and I go back to reading.
At a quarter to four in the morning, I finally finish this huge science book that was assigned to us. I wobble my way to my bed and go to sleep, knowing that I'm going to have to get up in three hours.