Chapter 10 ~ Girls Night Out

The week is now over. We all talked about our spring break in class; Michael and I had to play it off cool. No one thought much of my ring since it was on my right hand. It's now Saturday afternoon and Syrene had gotten here late last night. Our whole class decided that we need a break, not like a go home visit your family break, but the girls need to bond with the girls and the boys need to bond with the boys. Also it was just my birthday and Rileigh insists that we do something for it. So all the girls are coming over to Rileigh, Andrea, and my apartment. Jaylenn is already here and so now we are waiting on Lexi. Typical Lexi, always late.
Once Lexi arrives, we all pile into Syrene's little red pick up that only seats four. Syrene drives and since I'm the birthday girl, I sit in the front. Rileigh, Jaylenn, Lexi and Andrea squeeze together in the back seat. We could have taken two cars, but we're all stubborn and determined to only have to take one.
Our first stop is Walmart and we buy the Princess Bride movie. Then we drive back to my apartment.
It's my turn in the apartment to make dinner so I make homemade pizza. Syrene and I both love pizza. I made the pizza crust before we left and it has now been rising for long enough. I split the dough into six pieces and we all make our own mini pizzas. When we are done creating our pizzas, I put them in the oven. Two pizzas per cookie sheet.
Then we start our movie. A quarter of the way through, we pause it and eat our freshly cooked pizzas. Chatting all the while, we start the movie again.
When the movie is over, we do each other's nails.

*********************

Picture of their nails are included above.

*********************

All of us have sparkles on our nails. It's a girls night out, why not? Syrene does her nails Galaxy like, she's not the girly type. But since everyone else has sparkles she decides to add some too.
Then we do each others hair and make up.
Lexi curls my hair and insists on teasing it quite a bit up. We all put on fancy dresses. Jaylenn then says, "We can't deprive the world of our fantastic looks and we can't just let this go to waste. We must go out somewhere!"
"Where do you have in mind? We already had dinner." Andrea reminds her.
"We could go out to a club!" Lexi says.
"I don't do clubs," I tell her.
"Me either." Syrene speaks up.
Jaylenn stands there thinking for a moment. "We should get coffee."
"Alright," I say agreeing.
This time we take two cars, not wanting to mess up our hair. I take my little geo and Syrene takes her pick up; we were off.
At the coffee shop, I order my usual, sixteen ounce, triple shot, caramel breve, and Syrene gets her mocha. Now that we are sitting at the coffee shop we all start chatting away. Sipping my coffee I sit back and listen until Andrea, the clutz she is, spills her coffee all over the table. Instantly, we all stand up, carefull that coffee doesn't get on any of our dresses. Syrene and I run to get paper towels. Not paying attwention to where I am running, I run straight into something tall and hard. It's a person, but hard nonetheless.
I step back dizzy, my vision totally white, but I say, "Sorry Sir," as if I'm totally fine and can still see. Standing with my hand to my head where I had just been hit, I hear the man say, "Abigail, did you lose your memory?"
Once the man speaks I instantly know who this man is, "Michael? No I didn't lose my memory."
"Then why did you just call me Sir?" He questions.
"Nothing. I'm fine. Why are you here?"
"The guys and I came to get a snack." He touched my shoulder and I jumped not expecting it. "Are you sure your okay?" He questions my earlier statement. "You sure hit your head pretty hard on my book."
"Yeah. I'm fine." I say again. My vision is starting to return, but there are still blotches of white. I use what I have of my vision to navigate my way back to my seat.
By the time I get back to my seat, my friends are finished cleaning up the spilt coffee mess and are all staring at me. Now my full vision had returned.
"What happened? Your face is bright red!" Syrene says to me.
"I'll tell you guys when we get back to the appartment... Actually there is something I need to tell you guys when we get back." I say to all of them. Syrene looks at me knowingly and I nod to her.
Back at the apartment, Rileigh has lost all of her patience. "Now are you going to tell us what happened?"
"Okay, well to tell this right I have to go way back to the beginning." I start telling them my story starting at when I was seventeen. When I got to the part about Patrick there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Syrene doesn't usually cry, but this part of the story gets her every time. I continue on and everyone is laughing at how we got trained on the way to the hospital. When I tell them my twins' names, my classmates get super excited. I tell about going to see Michael and finding him sitting by himself under a tree. I left a few pieces out about that part but told them how I found out Michael is the biological father. I then continued telling them about how we went home for spring break together and Michael met my parents. I tell how Kyle and Kayleigh interacted with him and how Michael is super good with them. I explain to them that I got to meet his family, but I didn't say anything about Machelle. Then I finished with, "Michael gave me a promise ring!" I held up my right hand for them all to see.
Each of them, besides Syrene who already knew, gush over it. "How come you didn't tell us sooner!?" Lexi asked.
"I was waiting for just the right time." I tell them.
"Why is it on you right hand?" Rileigh questions.
"Because my purity ring is on my left." I explain to them.
"Syrene, how come you're not over here admiring this ring?" Andrea notices Syrene still sitting in her same spot.
"I already knew about this." Syrene replies after getting my approval.
Andrea looks hurt. "You already told Syrene?"
"Syrene and I had a get together the next day, and I was so ecstatic I couldn't hold it in. Especially since Michael had already gone to her behind my back and asked for her opinion." I explain my reasonings to them. Andrea looks much less hurt now.
"Do each jewel stand for something?" Jaylenn asks me.
"Yes! The diamond in the center is my birthstone. Then each of the jewels on the side are my favorite jewels, blue topaz. They're also Michael's birthstone. Then on the inside," I say as I slide my ring off my finger. "Has 'Promise (cross) Purity' engraved, and the band is white gold."
They gush over it again and then I slide my ring back onto my finger.
Since it's now two in the morning, we all decide it's time to go to sleep.

**********************

"This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."
~ 1 John 1:5