Sidelined Haven

Dear Readers,

My best friend and I have been working on another story. It's titled, "Sidelined Haven".

This story has a much different plot line than my "Country in the City" series

This story has a much different plot line than my "Country in the City" series. This story has some romance, but also a lot of action and adventure. It has a much less amount of sappy parts to it.

The setting is where World War III breaks out, just before America publicly gets involved

Below is the Prologue:

War has spread across the world and parents are scrambling to protect their children. Except, there is no safe place, but one. Only eight family's know of it's existence: Jones, Slayter, Baldwin,  Cross, Carson, Zapata, Stephens, and Andrews. Who all live in Tennessee.

The Jones work for the government as undercover agents. Their children, Daniel and Marie, have no idea of their parents occupation; they believe their parents are just electricians.

Mister and Misses Slayter work in the medical field. Mister Slayter works in the (Operating Room) OR, and his wife is a Physicians Assistant. Together they have three children, two sons, Kristopher and Aaron, and a daughter Annie, who was abducted by enemy soldiers on the way home from school.

Ms. Baldwin is retired special forces and a widow. She has one daughter, Evelynn Baldwin, who is the youngest of five. Her four older brothers are Elisha, Ethan, Edmond, and Eugene.

Mr. Cross, is the Pastor in their hometown, Camden. He has full custody of his grandson, Jack. His daughter-in-law passed away while giving birth to Jack and her husband, Noah, went down hill and fast, drinking and wasting his life away.

Mr. Carson is the owner of Carson's Carpentry in Camden, Tennessee. Mr. Carson and his wife have two sons, Josh and Adam. Josh is the oldest and has mental disabilities that result in physical disabilities.

Mr. Zapata is a scientist trying to save his job, by attempting to find a new species. While Mrs. Zapata is a stay at home mom, morning the recent loss of her preemie. Her daughter, Nicole, took up online school to care for her.

Mr. Stephens is an automobile mechanic. Mrs. Stephens is a self-employed real estate agent. They have four children. The eldest is Michelle with her brother Michael only thirteen months younger. They are so close in age, and act so similar, everyone thinks they are twins. Five years younger is their adopted sister, Jonae, and an adopted brother a year younger than Jonae, named Damian. Both Jonae and Damian have severe medical conditions. Jonae has Tourette's  Syndrome where she uncontrollably moves and speaks. Her biological brother, Damian, has the exact opposite where he lacks movement in his right side, known as Cerebral Palsy.

Mr. Andrews is a General in the Army. He is the inside eyes for the Jones. Mrs. Andrews is a child's psychologist. They have four children, Jaden, Amalya, Diane, and Charlotte. Jaden is the oldest and he is currently in Korea with his Army unit. Amalya is married and has a newborn, Lily. Diane is in Tibet on a missions trip. Charlotte is still only a junior in high school.

The parents of these eight families gather together in the Andrews' basement to discuss the best way to protect their children. They decide that the only option left is to send their children to an island that Doctor Zapata has secretly discovered while searching for his new species. No other human knows of this island. The only way to keep their children's trip a secret is to have the children navigate their way alone by boat. The boat must be small and can only carry eleven fully grown people with their supplies. Working timeless nights for a week to organize this journey as best they can. With the war spreading quickly, time is of the essence. The parents have set up everything they can, the only part left, is to decide who goes as who stays.

Feel free to check out, "Sidelined Haven"!
Vote, comment, share, and tell!

Feel free to check out, "Sidelined Haven"!Vote, comment, share, and tell!

Thank you,
SparklesGirly