41: Shota Aizawa - Old School Friends Part One

Warning! This is part one of two, the second part being a lemon!

Quirk: Hydrokinesis

 Memories of old school days came rushing back as I walked the halls of UA, heading towards Principle Nezu's office. The little mouse was also the headmaster back when I attended school, and now that I was twenty-nine I wondered how old he'd be.

I was about to start my new job as a UA High School teacher, however I needed to be trained first so Principle Nezu was going to assign me to one of the homeroom teachers so I could get a better understanding of the roles as heroes/teachers. I spent my years since high school becoming a pro hero - I wasn't an incredibly well known hero though but I still managed to get into the top twenty on the billboard charts from time to time. The idea of teaching upcoming heroes really intrigued me however, and the thought of being back at UA sent excited chills down my spine.

"Principle Nezu?" I called through the door as I knocked on it. He beckoned me in and I bowed politely, before taking a seat in front of his desk. He went through all of the expected things; curriculums, school times and the various subjects taught. That was when we were interrupted by a knock on the door, and I turned to see a man about my age enter, however his black shaggy hair was long and threatened to cover his tired looking eyes. He had a casual black hero suit on, but what made it unique was the grey fabric that wrapped around his neck and shoulders loosely.

"Ah, perfect timing," Principle Nezu said, standing up and walking round to the front of his desk. "Aizawa, we have a new faculty member."

I stood up and bowed politely at my now colleague, but when I glanced up I saw a slight shocked expression on his face. "Hello, I'm (y/n) (l/n)," I said, holding out my hand for him to shake.

"Shota Aizawa," he said simply, shaking my hand briefly.

"I've decided to put her under your wing Aizawa, at least until she learns the roles of the teacher which is when she will get her own class to teach. I would greatly appreciate it if you could show her how a decent homeroom teacher acts," Nezu said and Aizawa nodded.

"Of course sir," he said.

"Thank you for having me," I bowed politely at Aizawa once again, and saw him simply nod. Nezu spent a moment talking to us both, about the things in which Aizawa should teach me and I listened intently, hoping to prove I was a quick learner.

When the little mouse had finished his long speech the two of us left his office, and to my surprise, outside stood a familiar face. "Yamada?" I asked, seeing the eccentric blond standing in front of me.

"(l/n)! Yo, what you doing here?" He asked excitedly. He was exactly how I remembered him, him being in the year above me at school.

"I've just joined the faculty, Mr Aizawa is taking me under his wing to teach me the ropes before I'm allowed my own class," I informed my old friend.

"Aw, must be nice to get re-acquainted, right Aizawa?" Yamada nudged the mans arm and raised his eyebrows, but Aizawa didn't say anything. I too was a little confused.

"'re-acquainted'?" I questioned Yamada and he glanced between the two of us before bursting out into loud laughter.

"You don't remember him? (l/n) he was in the same class as me back in UA!" He said through his laughs and immediately embarrassment filled me.

"Y-you were? Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry-,"

"It's okay," he said simply but guilt at not remembering him was still filling me.