31: Katsuki Bakugou - Treat You Better

Warning! In this oneshot, Monoma is MEAN, and Bakugou may seem a little out of character at times, but I'm still proud of how it turned out. And yes... it is inspired by Shawn Mendes' Treat You Better (hence the title), please do not judge me, I was just happy with the idea!

Quirk: Shadow Manipulation

- Bakugou's POV -

After months of attempting to deny it, I finally came to terms with my feelings for the (h/c) haired girl. Kirishima and I were in the common room when I finally realised, but I had realised that it was no longer a stupid crush... I was in love with her, no matter how much I tried to deny it. "Do you see yourself with her? Like taking her out for meals and stuff?" Kirishima asked.

"Yeah," I admitted, only being able to talk about this stuff with him.

"Do you see yourself protecting her?" He asked.

"What is this, an interview?" I scowled but he raised his eyebrows at me. "Fine, yes I do."

"Do you think about her a lot?" He asked but as much as I tried to fight it, my slight blush gave it away. I tried not to think about her, but she had gotten under my skin to the point where I could barely think about anything else. I collapsed onto the sofa with my head in my hands, finally realising it myself. "Dude I think you're in love with her."

I stayed silent, trying to digest those words. Love. I had never felt this way about anyone before. Thoughts purely of (y/n) were whirling around in my head, and I felt pitiful looks from Kirishima which made me scowl. I knew exactly what he was thinking though. She already had a boyfriend, if you could call him that.

Neito Monoma from class 1-B always had his arm slung around her shoulders. Every time I saw them together it made me clench my fist and grit my teeth, as since they had gotten together I had never seen her smile in his presence. Not only that, but he bullied her constantly. He would make fun of her in front of his friends, he'd physically push her around then claiming to be 'playful' and there were several occasions when I had seen her with bruises on her uncovered legs. If they were his doing, I was going to beat him to a pulp. I wanted to anyway, but the possibility of her actually liking him and never speaking to me ever again stopped me from doing so. It didn't stop me from fantasising about ways to kill him and hide the body though.

Suddenly the lift doors opened and out stepped (y/n), dressed in a summer dress. I tried my hardest not to but I blushed a little when I saw her. She smiled and waved at the pair of us as she walked silently by towards the doors. When she opened them I caught sight of who was standing outside waiting for her. Monoma quickly slung his arm around her shoulder, making her flinch and wobble a bit under the weight he was pushing on her. My fists clenched as anger rose within me yet again, the doors closing and blocking our view of them.

"Dude-,"

"How the fuck is she with someone like him? He's an asshole, he bullies her and abuses her, takes her for granted, how does she not see that?" I shouted, standing up angrily.

"I don't know," he sighed.

"I'm going back to my room," I dismissed, walking towards the stairs and climbing them quickly. I didn't believe for a single minute that she was happy in that relationship.

- Timeskip -

Class was beginning and I watched (y/n) come through the doors just in time. Quietly she walked to her desk which was diagonally in front of mine, and as she sat down, I saw it. A large bruise poking out from beneath her skirt which she quickly pulled down to cover it. Anger built up inside me as I gripped my pen tighter and tighter, knowing exactly who gave her that bruise. There was a snapping sound and I realised I had broken my pen in half, getting ink all over my hand.