44: Shota Aizawa - You're All I Want

Note: This is a young Aizawa oneshot, so both he and (y/n) are in 3-A.

Quirk: Plant Growth

 "C'mon (y/n), you can do so much better than him, I mean look at him!" One of my friends, Kayano, said whilst not bothering to speak quietly.

"Shh Kayano!" I hissed, looking around and seeing the boy I had feelings for but thankfully he hadn't appeared to hear what we were speaking about. I sighed in relief and looked back at Kayano and Kurahashi, who were giggling slightly. I had grown to have a crush on the quiet and reserved, somewhat care-free student in our class, Shoto Aizawa. He was exactly my type, I adored his long hair and found his dark, sharp eyes intimidating yet hypnotic. Neither Kurahashi or Kayano saw what I did in Aizawa, but neither of them had really spent time with him. I had always found him attractive, not that I had told my best friends previously, but after having to do a project with him for Modern Hero Art History, we found out that we had a fair few things in common.

We liked the same heroes as we both suggested the same ones to study for our project, when he came round mine to work we found out that we had the same taste in books and manga, he also liked the same music I did and we ended up having a good laugh together. He came out of his shell a little when we hung out together to complete the project, him having a gentle kindness under that stern looking exterior. Not only that but he was intelligent and hardworking. I found myself looking forward to being in his company, however all too soon the project finished and suddenly there wasn't a reason for us to hang around each other anymore. We still spoke to each other in class, exchanged the occasional glances but we hadn't had any proper alone time since the completion of our project.

"Be realistic (y/n), we're only telling you the truth, you really could do so much better than him," Kurahashi said, angering me slightly.

"Yeah, like what about Shiota from class B? He's sweet, kind, good-looking-,"

"So in other words he's everything Aizawa is, only much less impressive?" I scoffed, feeling irritated. "Look, can't you guys just be happy for me? Can't you be supportive with who I like? Aizawa's sweet, intelligent, and we have so much in common. Please, can we just change the subject?"

The two girls sighed and sent me apologetic looks, then thankfully started talking instead about the improvement with their quirks although now my mind was purely on Shota Aizawa.

- Aizawa's POV -

They were oblivious to the fact I could hear their conversation, her friends telling her exactly what I believed. Since before doing the project she had caught my eye, not that I wanted to admit it. When we got paired together and started hanging out together, I realised that we had so much in common and a part of me wondered what it would be like to actually be with her. I had never been interested in relationships before her, but she intrigued me. I knew she was too good for me though, and as I overheard her and her friends talking, they only confirmed what I believed.

I was a little shocked however when I heard (y/n) speak, me wondering whether I had heard her correctly. I adorned my poker face, my head in my arms on my desk whilst I strained my hearing to try and eavesdrop in on the rest of their conversation, however they soon changed their topic. Her words, 'can't you be supportive of who I like?' whirled around in my head, wondering whether that meant she had feelings for me too. Whether that was the case or not, I still believed she deserved someone better than me, someone who could give her everything she deserves.

"Whoa, what's gotten you so depressed?" The distinct voice of Yamada shouted out to me and I groaned.

"What do you want, Yamada?" I asked, not bothering to raise my head.