49: Mirio Togata - Save Us, Lemillion Part Two

Warning! This is part two of two, so read the first if you want this to make sense!

Quirk: Quirkless

 I sat in the car with Mr Aizawa, holding Eri tightly, as parked outside the gate to UA. I was nervous, not for myself but for her as she was still sensitive and it had been so long since she had been around other people or long periods of time.

Whilst she was in hospital Deku and Lemillion came to visit multiple times, and each time I wanted to apologise for the death of Sir Nighteye as I felt as though it was our fault. It had never been the right time however, as Mr Aizawa and I agreed not to tell Eri about his death yet - she was still so sensitive and one negative impact was likely to push her over the edge. This fact was the reason I was scared about her going to UA.

Deku had suggested that Eri and I came along to UA's summer festival, as a way of getting her to mingle into society again. At first I didn't want to agree to it but Lemillion, who ended up insisting that I called him Mirio, twisted my arm.

Mr Aizawa opened the door for us, the two of us holding onto each other as we exited the car. There was a large arch with the words 'Heights Alliance' on it, and through the arch was a long looking road with large houses lining it. "This is the UA dorm system. Each class has their own building," Mr Aizawa explained as we walked down the long street, pointing at the large houses. Up ahead however something - or rather someone - distracted me from the houses.

"(y/n)! Eri!" Mirio shouted out to us, smiling brightly and waving as he ran up to us. I felt my cheeks heat up as he approached us. Whenever he visited us in hospital I always felt myself become timid and nervous, feeling a little hot in his presence. He visited us quite a lot as well, as he was currently taking a break from school, which was good as now Eri felt comfortable in his company. "How are you both?"

"O-okay thanks," I mumbled, clutching Eri's hand tightly.

"Togata I've got to get back to the school, would you be okay showing (y/n) and Eri around the school? We thought it'd be a good idea for them to get used to the venue before attending the festival?"

"Yeah great idea!" Mirio said happily. "We'll have so much fun! We can get Deku too!"

"Deku?" Eri piped up and he nodded happily.

"Alright then, I'll see you two later," Mr Aizawa bade us farewell and headed on his day.

"How are you (y/n)?" Mirio asked, taking Eri's other hand. She was comfortable with him which made me happy, and it made my heart beat a little faster for him.

"I-I'm okay thanks..." I didn't know what else to say, I wasn't good in social situations especially when it was with someone who saved your life...

"I've got so much to show you both! But first lets go see Deku, I think he's practicing for his performance!"

"What performance?" Eri asked quietly.

"He and his class are performing live! It'll be great, we'll definitely go and see it!" Mirio said happily. His positive attitude never seemed to waver, even after the death of his personal mentor, and that was something I admired. I wanted to be that kind of person for Eri, to always give her confidence and to hopefully give her a better life now that Chisaki was out of the picture. We carried on walking down the road, both Eri and I marvelling at the sight of the large, four towered glass building and Mirio telling us various facts about the place. "Oh there he is! C'mon guys, lets hide and watch his practice!"

Mirio dragged Eri and I towards a bush in the large front garden of one of the houses, a sign on the building saying 1-A. In the garden there were many kids, attempting to dance. We hid and watched for a bit, but it didn't take long for us to be spotted. "Togata, hello!" Deku called out.