36: Tamaki Amajiki - Mirio's Friend

Warning! I apologise if there's any mistakes, I've literally just written it and I proof read it only the once. And once again, like with seemingly every other oneshot I write, I got a little carried away so it ended up being longer then I expected...

Note: That pic of Tamaki? Heart melting...

Quirk: Cat

 I was in my fourth year of elementary school, listening to the teacher ramble on and waiting eagerly for break so I could see my best friend, Mirio Togata. Annoyingly we were put in different classes, so I only saw him during breaks and on our walks home. As soon as the bell rang I ran out the door and headed immediately to his classroom, bursting through the door and shouting out his name for attention.

"(y/n)!" He exclaimed happily. He was standing in front of a desk, where an indigo haired boy sat. I didn't recognise the boy but he was adorable with his messy hair and pointy ears.

"Hey Mirio!" I waved, approaching the two. "Who's this?"

The boy blushed and stuttered, looking down at his desk and entangling his fingers. I couldn't make out what he was saying as he refused to meet my eye. "He's new! He's Tamaki Amajiki," Mirio said for him.

"Hello Amajiki! My name's (y/n) (l/n), I'm Mirio's best friend!" I beamed proudly. He sent me a glance and I noticed his eyes dart to my tail and ears before they seemed to become fascinated by something on his desk. "Yeah, my quirk's pretty obvious isn't it," I laughed, scratching my ear. "What's your quirk Amajiki?"

"I-I can - er - e-erm..." he mumbled the rest and I didn't quite hear him.

"He just told me, right before you came in! Can I tell her Amajiki?" Mirio asked and Amajiki nodded slightly. "He can turn turn his fingers into octopus tentacles!"

"Wow that's so cool!"

"T-that's n-not really it... I-I- c-can turn m-my limbs into a-anything I e-eat... l-like turn my fingers into tentacles," he mumbled, and I just about heard him.

"Amajiki that sounds awesome! Can you show me?" I asked and he nodded timidly, holding out his hand and turning his fingers into small octopus tentacles. Mirio beamed in excitement, he was always so intrigued by the variety of peoples quirks and how they were used.

"That's amazing!" Mirio said excitedly, clapping his hands together.

"N-not really..." I heard Amajiki mumble, but Mirio didn't. He kept on chatting away, talking about various heroes and their quirks, whilst Amajiki seemed to listen intently. I had heard it all before as a day never went by without Mirio talking about heroes.

Slowly as the days went by, Amajiki began to get used to life at our school, but he was still nervous and timid around his classmates, all except Mirio. Mirio soon became close with Amajiki, as did I but it was obvious by his body language and the way he spoke to me that he was still nervous around me. I hoped that one day he wouldn't be, and that he'd settle into the friendship I was trying to show him.

Thankfully he slowly became used to my company, and managed to talk to me a few times without stuttering which made me happy. I found the boy adorable after all, and wanted to be considered as his friend.

The end of elementary school came and we began middle school, the three of us applying to the same place partly so we could be together. I felt as though Amajiki wanted to stay with Mirio, as it seemed as though Mirio was the first true friend he had made. It was here at this new school where I began to make more friends, getting myself a few close girlfriends to gossip and have fun with. I still hung out with Mirio and Amajiki, after all, I considered the both of them my closest friends however a part of me thought that Amajiki didn't feel the same way about me.