35: Denki Kaminari - The Happiest Birthday

Note: I know it's late, but here's a sweet little birthday celebration for electric boy. It's short in comparison to my other oneshots but sweet, hope you all enjoy!

Quirk: Shadow Manipulation

 I had been Mrs Kaminari for twelve years now, but thanks to my husbands immaturity and cheesy romantic lines, our relationship still felt as exciting as it was back when we got together in our third year of UA. We had had two beautiful boys, a ten year old named Ryunosuke and a five year old named Hiroto. It was Denki's thirty-fifth birthday approaching, so whilst he was at work, the boys and I were in the lounge discussing things we could do for him. "Why do we have to do anything? He's only turning thirty-five," Ryunosuke muttered, scrolling through his phone.

"Ryu could you get off that phone for one second? Goodness I regret buying that for you," I said, him then sighing and putting it in his pocket. "And it's your fathers birthday, we celebrate your birthday every year don't we? And Hiroto's?"

"Yeah!" Hiroto said. He had certainly inherited his fathers enthusiasm.

"Fine," Ryu sighed again but a small smile played at his lips.

"We can make him breakfast!" Hiroto suggested and I smiled at my sons likeness to Denki. "And a cake! Dad loves cakes!"

"He sure does," I laughed at my son. "Well, Ryu, are you gonna help?" I asked teasingly.

"Sure," he said with a small smile.

The day before Denki's birthday was a busy one for me and the boys. Denki was thankfully at work and he said he wasn't going to be home until late as he had his birthday off, so the boys and I had plenty of time to prepare. We started with decorating the house, putting up banners and streamers. I knew that every time Denki was working late, he'd come home utterly shattered, say a quick goodnight to the boys before collapsing on our bed and falling asleep in minutes, so tonight won't be any different, which means he won't see how we've decorated the lounge.

We then all made the cake together, and I had to try and break up a food war between the brothers before the kitchen turned into a mess. Thankfully it was then that Eijirou arrived with Denki's gift which distracted the boys and stopped their fight. The cake still needed to be finished, but I decided to take over that job and let the boys go and play which Hiroto did excitedly. "He's so much like Denki," Eijirou said next to me as we were having a cup of coffee together.

"I know, it's frightening," I laughed.

Later that evening, with the present hidden in the garage, I waited for Denki alone as it had reached half eleven so the kids were in bed. I had grown pretty tired but shot my head up with a start when I heard a car pull up in our driveway. I peeked outside and saw a sluggish yellow haired man exit the car and approach the door. I opened it up and he sent me a warm and tiresome smile. "Long day?" I observed.

"Very long," he sighed. "Are the boys in bed?"

"Yeah, they're both asleep now," I said and I saw a bit of sadness in his eyes. "C'mon, lets go to bed and you'll be able to see them in the morning," I smiled at my husband as I dragged him upstairs towards our bedroom. Like always he simply stripped and collapsed into bed, and I soon followed, snuggling up beside his warmth. With him spooning me, we both drifted off into a dreamless rest.

- Timeskip - -The Next Morning -

I woke up facing my still snoozing husband, smiling at his peaceful face. His soft features were adorable, his messy electric yellow hair stuck up in odd places. I tried to subtly move closer to him, however my movements woke him up to which I apologised for.