6: Mezo Shoji - Unveiled (Lemon)

Warning! As said in the title this is a lemon, so there's sexual content approaching! I repeat, this oneshot is a lemon! 

Quirk: Shadow Manipulation

 He was busy scrolling through his phone as I laid on my side, staring at my best friend. As always, my mind wandered, wondering what was underneath his mask. Despite us being so close he had never showed me, never told me. Curiosity was slowly getting the better of me over the years, and after a long internal war about whether to ask him or not, I finally surrendered.

"Mezo... why do you wear that mask?" I asked bravely and immediately he stopped scrolling. He was as still as a statue, not even breathing. I waited nervously, really hoping he wouldn't get mad.

"I thought I told you not to ask me that question," he mumbled through gritted teeth. Worry immediately filled me.

"Y-you did but I thought... because we've been best friends for ages... I thought, as your best friend, perhaps I should know?" I whispered nervously, and I noticed the grip on his phone tighten, and his other fist clench.

"Exactly, you're my best friend. Surely as a 'best friend' you'd respect the fact that I never want to talk about it?" He growled. Guilt and sadness built up inside me, hoping that I hadn't pushed him away.

"O-of course Mezo, I'm sorry, really! I'll - er - I'll forget about it... I'm sorry," I mumbled quietly, feeling awkwardness between us for the first time in years. My heart was pounding with guilt, and I thought it might be best for me to leave him alone. "O-okay... I'm going to sleep now," I whispered, barely audible. I turned over, my back towards him and I tucked my arm under the pillow, my other hand pulling up the sheets and gripping them tightly. I closed my eyes, desperate to fall asleep and hope that in the morning we'd both be back to our normal selves.

A hand on my shoulder caused me to stir awake. "(y/n)," Mezo's voice whispered. I opened my eyes and turned to see my best friend leaning up on one of his elbows and looking down at me with a softness in his eyes. I remembered our conversation before I went to sleep, and guilt slowly washed over me again. "Listen... you have to promise me that you won't be scared," he said quietly. There was a sadness in his eyes as he gulped, bringing his hand to his mask.

"Wait! Mezo, you don't have to!" I stopped him.

"I want you to know... but only you. Please, you have to promise me, promise me that you won't run away," he whispered, clutching onto the bottom of his mask.

"I could never run away from you, you know that," I smiled at him, trying to give him some confidence. Mentally I quickly prepared myself for anything. 

His hand slowly pulled down his mask from the bottom, and when he revealed what was hidden underneath my eyes widened in surprise. He had a normal shaped nose but had two thin slits for nostrils. The further down his face you looked, the more lizard like he appeared. His mouth in particular was long, much longer then a normal mouth, and he had a few fang like teeth hooking over his thin bottom lip. He didn't really have lips however as his mouth was very thin. Around his jawbone and down patches of his neck there were light green and dark green lizard like scales. On top of them there were scratches and burn marks, as though he had attempted to get rid of them. In fact, the entirety of his face had scars on that were apparently made by blades and scratches. My mouth went dry and I didn't know what to say or how to react.

"M-Mezo... I-I-I..." I stuttered, sounding like a complete idiot. Sadness appeared on his unique features, and it broke my heart.

"I knew it... you're scared of me now, aren't you? I'm not surprised, I am repulsive," he mumbled sadly and something inside of me snapped. I may not of known how to verbally react to his appearance, but I knew damn well that Mezo Shoji was not repulsive. As his best friend, I never wanted to hear him say that about himself again, so I acted impulsively and did something I hoped would make his confidence grow. I grabbed his mask that was still wrapped around his neck and pulled myself closer to him, slamming my lips onto his. He froze, completely unsure on how to react. He wasn't kissing me back but I didn't pull away just yet, I wanted him to understand that he wasn't repulsive. His arms lay limp as I cupped his face. He really didn't know how to react, so I pulled away and stared into his widening surprised eyes.