45: Eijirou Kirishima - His Intern Part One

Warning! This is part one of two, the second part being a lemon. (y/n) is eighteen, Kirishima's twenty-four.

Note: Atomic is (y/n)'s hero name.

Quirk: Carbon Armour

 "Atomic, you take that side!" Red Riot called out to me, pointing in the direction he wanted me to go.

"Yes Red Riot!" I acknowledged, running as fast as I could whilst my carbon shield covered almost all of my body, asides from my head. The pair of us were chasing after a villain who had just robbed a jewellery store, and were currently directing him towards a series of alleyways, where we'd be able to trap him.

The villain fell for our trap, having no where else to run, and together we were able to block off his escape routes. "Give up! There's no where for you to run!" Red Riot shouted.

"I won't be taken down so easily!" The villain screeched, pulling a gun and aiming it towards me. He pulled the trigger and I managed to cover my face with the shield in time, the bullet ricocheting off of my skin. The villain whimpered and fell to the floor as I looked at him, my face having been deformed due to my quirk. Whenever I activated my quirk to cover my head, my eyes would go completely black, my nose would be flattened and long sharp flags protruded from my mouth. Not only that but my shield went over my hair, making me look bald. "W-w-what are you?!" The villain whimpered and I had to admit, that in my fully shielded state I too looked somewhat villainous.

"There's a reason my hero name is Atomic," I said, snatching the gun from him and slicing it up with my sharp claws. "Because it takes more power than an atomic bomb to even put a scratch on me."

"Now, come with us quietly before things get ugly," Red Riot said, standing beside me. The villain whimpered again and I took the jewellery from him whilst Red Riot searched him for more weapons. We heard the police sirens whirl nearby, and I immediately retracted the shield from my head, releasing my hair and my face returning to normal.

Red Riot and I stood aside and watched as the police took the villain away, and took the jewellery as evidence. I smiled at our success, looking down at my hand. "Well done Atomic! You did great there! Scared the crap outta me when you got shot, but that shield of yours is almost impenetrable!" Red Riot praised and embarrassment from such praise filled me completely.

"T-thank you sir!" I said quickly and he laughed. My heart melted each time I saw his smile and heard his laugh, as despite it being immensely inappropriate, I had the biggest crush on him. The reason it was inappropriate, despite him only being a few years older than me, was the fact he was a fully fledged hero and I was just his intern. I was in my third year at UA and he'd taken me on for a hero work study, and I remembered being so astounded when I received his offer.

I was among four of the people in my class to have received offers for our hero work studies, and it seemed as though Red Riot was keen to have me. I was beyond shocked by his offer as he was a hero I had always looked up to; he had a hardening quirk just like me and I always used to feel self-conscious about it due to the fact people had called me villainous in the past whenever I activated it. After meeting him however, most of my worries went away. He was eager to see my quirk, to spar against me and despite me being a nervous wreck when we first met, he still seemed eager to take me on.

- Flashback -

I was busy on one of my first patrols with Red Riot, however my mind kept on going back to what someone in class 3-B said during our latest joint class. "Atomic? Is everything okay? You seem quiet," he picked up on my mood, taking me by surprise.