22: Tamaki Amajiki - The Fourth March

Note: It's been a while since I've updated this oneshot collection, so my many apologies! Due to educational purposes and other projects, I have had limited time to devote to this book, but I am now back! I've been working hard to catch up with the immense amount of events and birthdays I have missed during my time away from this book, and we'll start here with sweet Tamaki Amajiki's birthday special.

Quirk: Shadow Manipulation

 My boyfriend and I had been together for five years, us getting together in our final year of UA high school thanks to the set up by Mirio and Nejire. A few years after UA we decided to move in together, and we bought ourselves a decent apartment as we were both working as hero sidekicks which earned us good money. Whenever I came home later then he had, he always had food prepared for me and was at the door with open arms, ready to hold me tightly. It was a perfect life, one I wouldn't trade for anything in this world.

Tamaki's birthday was approaching quicker then I had liked because I still had no idea what I was going to get him. He never gave anything away and as it approached the 4th I began to panic. "Mirio! Help me!" I cried as I ran up to the blond who was waiting for me down the road, us planning to get a coffee whilst Tamaki was at Fatgum's Agency.

"What's wrong?" He said, mimicking my panicked expression.

"I don't know what to get Tamaki!" I wailed dramatically. "Have you got him anything yet?"

"Yeah, of course I have, his birthday is in two days (y/n)," Mirio said as he opened the door to the coffee shop and let me walk ahead.

"I know! I'm the worst girlfriend ever," I sighed, hiding my face in my hands.

"Don't be silly," Mirio said, nudging me playfully.

"I've been looking for things, but I just- he's so difficult to buy for!" I complained. Mirio sighed as he ordered our coffees, us then finding a cosy sofa to sit on whilst the barista made our drinks.

"Have you had any ideas, any at all?" He asked me but I shook my head. As we drank our coffees we both tried to brainstorm what I could get my boyfriend. For about forty-five minutes we both came up with ideas then discarded them almost immediately - it was borderline painful. "OH!" Mirio suddenly said loudly making me and everyone on the vicinity jump. "I know what you could get him!"

"Please tell me this is a good idea," I pleaded and Mirio nodded.

"You guys have been together for like, ever, and you guys live together, so maybe you could get him something proper important!" He beamed but I was confused.

"Like what...?" I asked skeptically.

"Get him a cat!"

I almost choked on my coffee. "What? Where the hell did that come from?" I asked, astounded by his suggestion.

"Well, it's not as if you're not ready to get a pet together, you've been together for ages and are a solid couple with a long future, plus the fact he's obsessed with cats and always goes in pet stores to goggle at them," Mirio said with a raised eyebrow and I nodded, realising that that was all true. "You're a cat person too, aren't you?"

"I'm kinda fifty-fifty... but Mirio, isn't getting a cat going to be expensive? I mean, think of all the things I'd have to get as well as the cat, all the food and toys-,"

"Well I can buy him those! I lied when I said I got him a gift because I had no idea what to get him either," Mirio laughed. The more I thought about it, the more I thought about how incredibly happy the animal would make my boyfriend. I slowly started to get excited at the thought of having a cat with my boyfriend, and so finally I settled on that being his gift.