8: Dabi - Family

Quirk: Quirkless

 We were snuggled up in bed together, in our small one bedroom apartment. We were happy here, and despite me knowing he was classed as a villain, I was still in love with my boyfriend and he treated me like a queen. He had never done anything too serious, and only did the work of those who paid him, individuals in the main so he wouldn't get caught up in a group and forced to stay with them. He preferred solo work. Our income mainly relied on my job, which was working at a museum in the gift shop. Thankfully it was decent money.

Recently however, the League of Villains had been attempting to recruit Dabi, and despite his constant refusals they were persistent. They knew of his immense quirk, and were apparently desperate to have him on their team. The reasons he didn't want to get involved with them were mainly the fact he couldn't trust their leader, and that he wanted to keep me safe which he couldn't guarantee when it came to them.

I was trying to sleep as it had gotten pretty late, but I felt Dabi's gaze on me. "What's wrong?" I asked, my eyes still closed but sensing his gaze.

"Nothings wrong, I've just been thinking about something recently," he said. I opened my eyes and turned to meet his, and I saw him smiling slightly.

"Oh? And what have you been thinking about?" I asked with a cheeky smile.

"Us... and how long we've been together. Five years... and we live together. Are you happy?"

"Of course I'm happy, are you?" I asked him, and he nodded.

"(y/n), I understand if you're not ready but... I want to have a child with you," he said and I froze, my eyes widening. Of all things he could've said, I never expected that to be one of them. He stared at me in anticipation, and I felt my heart beating against my chest rapidly.

"W-we're not even married," I muttered, my mind still whirling.

"We don't have to be married, do we?" He asked and I realised he was right. I loved him and he loved me, I wanted a child with this man.

"You really want a child? Will we be safe... with your line of work?" I asked carefully.

"I would protect them with my life, like I protect you. I'll keep you both safe, and that's a promise," he said, smiling happily. Immediately I nodded enthusiastically, overjoyed at the thought of starting a family with my boyfriend. I couldn't help myself, I jumped on top of him and began kissing him so passionately which he happily returned, wrapping his arms around my waist and holding onto me tightly. It's fair to say we tried for a child that night, quite a few times.

- Timeskip -

It had been four months since I had stopped taking the pill, and in that time we had tried for a baby almost every night. I had spent over 6000 yen on pregnancy tests, taking them at the simplest of signs including hurting breasts, late periods and feeling slightly sick. Dabi told me not to get so excited but I found it difficult not to, as ever since he put the thought of having a baby into my mind, I had gone slightly baby crazy. Dabi had to pull me past all the baby stores when we were walking through town, which made him chuckle, although he did secretly want to have a look around.

One morning Dabi was out on business and I always knew it was best not to ask what kind of business, so I kept my intrigued nature to myself. Instead, as it was one of my days off, I was sat in the lounge with a chick flick on in the background, feet up on the coffee table and eating a takeaway. Over the past couple of days my breasts had been aching, and I wasn't sure if it was my imagination or not but I thought they were swelling a little as well. Not only that but I had been getting cramps all night and all morning, despite not having my period. I was pretty sure I had a couple of pregnancy tests left so I paused my film, headed to the bathroom and picked one out. As instructed, I peed on the stick and waited a minute in anticipation, staring at the small screen. Chewing on my fingernail, my heart was beating rapidly and I was pretty sure it stopped when a small plus appeared on the screen. I was pregnant, Dabi and I were actually going to have a child. There was a small child growing in me! I jumped up in joy, shouting happily at the top of my voice. I bounced out of the bathroom, rubbing my belly carefully, trying to find my phone quickly in order to ring Dabi and tell him to come home quickly.