Chapter 13: He Finds Out

"Thanks, Kiba."

Sakura thanked Kiba with a smile when they finally reached her house. She didn't really need the guy's help, but he was really persistent. Well, obviously.

"No problem, Sakura!" He grinned. Sakura's smile suddenly faded.

Yes, Kiba's hot and all, but she's not stupid to not realize that she likes someone else. She feels pity towards Kiba since she knows that she might never really return the same feelings.

"Do you have a meeting or anything related to business?" she asked, changing the subject.

"No, I got it all scheduled tomorrow. But I have something to tell you."

The pinkette gave a nod, "Let's go inside?"

He gave a warm smile as he entered her house. She sighed mentally, suppressing the urge to slap herself due to the fact that she invited her to go inside her house. Truthfully, she actually plans to avoid Kiba, and maybe in that way- his feelings would lessen.

They sat down the sofa, once they reached the living room. "So, what was it-"

"Please go out with me."

Kiba seriously stated as he looked intently into Sakura's hypnotizing jade, green eyes.

"Sakura, I just want to tell you that you mean a lot to me. I really, really like you. Please give me a chance. I would like to start courting you again."

Sakura suddenly felt guilt.

First, it was Naruto who courted her. Then comes Kiba. But she likes Sasuke. Wow, talk about love problems, huh?

"K-Kiba..." She stood up, walked towards the wall and look at the desk near it. There was a picture of herself, Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi Hatake, their homeroom teacher.

Kiba went near Sakura and looked at the picture, "Do you still like him?"

"What?"

"Do you still like Sasuke?"

Does she?

Is she still hoping that someday, Sasuke can finally return the same feelings?

"Kiba, I just...I can't." The pinkette avoided his gaze that made him step closer to her. That's why she stepped back 'till she felt the cold wall behind her.

And he did what she wished he didn't.

He placed his arms beside her, traping her at the middle while their faces were inches apart.

"He's a bastard and he doesn't deserve you." He said.

Again, Sakura avoided her suitor's gaze and heavily closed her eyes as she replied.

"He doesn't deserve me but for me, I deserve him because I love him. Kiba, I'm not the right girl for you. I'm in love with somebody else."

That was when she felt Kiba leaning on her when she faced him. Her eyes widen and when their lips were an inch apart, she faced sidewards to avoid locking their lips.

Sakura heard him sigh.

He remove his arms that were placed beside her and stepped back.

"I'm sorry."

With that, he vanished out of her sight.

***

Saturday, 4:30pm