Chapter 17: Confession

A/N

Waaa really sorry for the previous chapter, I know it was sucky but I have my reason why it was like that ;n; I was reading the first chap of Naruto Gaiden that time. So yeah I don't need to explain furthermore because I know you guys can tell what my point is ;—;

Anyway I'm okeh now hihi :3

Enjoy the chap!

Warning: Fluff ahead plus heavy drama ;)

***

"Wh-What are you talking about, Sasuke?"

As soon as Sakura uttered those words, Sasuke released her, but afterwards gently grabbed her hands. As of now, onyx orbs and emerald ones were locked in an unbreakable gaze. It had only a little possibility for someone to see them, since it was sort of far away from the main celebration. In short, no one is going to interrupt them. Well unless Kiba suddenly returns.

Nonetheless, someone has to break that eye-contact—and it was Sakura who avoided the ravenette's stare.

"Sakura," Sasuke spoke, making Sakura uncomfortable...yet his voice also lightened the mood. Sure, she feels nervous because duh, Sasuke Uchiha was holding her hands. The Sasuke Uchiha. You don't see that everyday.

There was also a slight possibility that she wants to withdraw her palms away, but she couldn't bring herself to do so. Sighing internally, she returned her eyes on the guy in front of her.

Sasuke continuously looked at her, making the atmosphere more awkward—or rather, tensed. His grip on the pink-headed girl's hands tightened, bringing himself to finally speak up.

"I'm really sorry," he started, "For everything, up until now. I know I'm making you confused but I just can't imply in words what I feel." He was about to add something else, but Sakura was first to speak for the second time.

"Why are you apologizing again?" She asks, no trace of sweetness, love or care in her voice and expression. "Why are you acting this way? Why would you make me feel special, but the truth is, I'm nothing to you? Why are you making this hard for me?"

Sasuke breathed in, closing his eyes and bowing his head, eventually looking at the ground.

For a normal girl, you would consider that you're lucky because this hottie over here is holding your hands, but for Sakura...no. That's nonsense if she considers herself advantageous. In fact, she's miserable. Let's demonstrate, then. How about the one you love starts to hold your hands, hug you and do those sweet mushy stuff—after every hurtful things he has done to you. Would you still consider yourself fortunate? Yeah, maybe. Maybe because a thought crosses your mind that he might be guilty and he loves you back. But in times like this, the main thing that will enter your head is the question, why is he doing this? He might have a special thing for you, but eventually, you'd think that he's just randomly playing with your head.

Who the hell would treat you badly then hug you? Doesn't really make sense.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I'm definitely making this hard for you. I just...I just wanted to tell you the things that I've been meaning to tell you ever since we saw each other again."

Sakura swallowed the lump in her throat. Sasuke looked at him, afterwards placing Sakura's hands on his chest, which made her feel the haste beating of his heart.

"You've always been annoying, really. You always meddled with my personal life, which I hated you for. You were always concerned with things that you shouldn't even be. You've always been a carefree and honest girl. You seemed like you had no problems at all. I've been invariably facing my own complications and difficulties, while you just worked hard at my company and you appeared to be like so...happy and free," He announced, leaning closer to Sakura until their foreheads touched.

"I have been really annoyed with how you cared for me. You knew nothing, that was my impression towards you. You didn't know what hardships I'm facing and you just came skipping to my office, with your wide smile that made me more furious. To put it short, maybe I kinda envied you. Your smile, laughs and actions—you were happy with your life despite the fact that your family lost their business. And at some point of time, I wished that I could share the same smiles like you." Sasuke added, shutting his eyes completely. His words made Sakura's heart race faster.

"Yet I was too late to realize that I was wrong. I was wrong because I thought that I just wanted to be happy like how you are, and the truth is...I was already satisfied and pleased with your expressions. I love to see your smiles that makes me work harder. Your laugh that eased the uneasiness in my chest, and of course...your presence which was more than enough to fill the empty space in my life." He said, showing out a small smile as he opened his eyes and met those large emerald orbs.

"S—Sasuke..."

"Can you hit me in the head? I've really messed up. I can't believe I'm so stupid that I didn't even realize that I was already in love with you."

Silence. Long silence.

Sasuke placed his hands on Sakura's cheeks and breathed out. He caressed it gently, leaning even more as the pinkette's hands remained in his chest. Both of them shut their eyes in syc, as Sasuke came closer to her, until she felt his soft lips on her's.

It was a slow and passionate kiss. Neither of them refused to let go and wished that the time would stop, just for them to stay in that moment.

But after a few seconds, both of them broke the kiss and looked at each other.

"Yeah, I hated you too. You're so bossy and you always wanted me around." Sakura reminisced the time when she took a leave on her work because her father was coming home from America. He sure did an effort when he traveled to her house.

Sasuke shrugged, "Then that proves that I love you."

Even though that was some kind of joke or whatever, Sakura still blushed at that comment.

She was about to answer but she stopped her mouth from doing so because Sasuke hugged her, again.

"You missed me a lot, huh?" Sakura joked, a chuckle escaping her lips.

"Try not to waste the dramatic moment with me, Sakura." Sasuke simply answered, hugging her tighter.

Instead of answering, she just nodded her head and wrapped her arms around him too. In a matter of minutes, the two decided to break the hug, a smile glimmering in Sasuke's face.

"Sakura, will you be my girlfriend?"

*****

YEAH IT'S A CLIFFHANGER GUYS, A CLIFFHANGER BECAUSE I'M A GIRL WHO LIKES LEAVING MY READERS WITH CLIFFHANGERS HUEHUE :3

I'm sorry tho haha xD I promise to update within this week again :) I just enrolled to a new school for secondary earlier :D

omg I know Sasuke was kinda OOC (but hey, not too much. All they did was kiss in this chapter and on the Naruto manga, they already have a child which means they already did that business lololol) and I'm sorry if the heavy drama sucks hehe

I was supposed to publish this yesterday but I was too busy watching KnB, I apologize xD

Anyway, thanks for reading! :)