N: Two Sides [pt.2]

TWO SIDES // S.C [pt2]

Naruto Uzumaki's Point of View

Once we heard the door creaking open, we tried to stay silent as much as possible.

"Eh? Why is the lights still off? Did I get here too early? But it's ten minutes before classes start. Where is everyone...?" I nearly laughed at her confused statements; it was hilarous when she started talking to herself.

I stood up from my position under the table and I was soon followed by everyone else in the classroom. The lights opened and we all shouted, "Surprise!"

Sakura looked at us with wide eyes. Her expression was so enjoyable to watch. Her cheeks were rosy and her large emerald orbs sparkled. Soon, she gave us that sweet, angelic smile while giving her thanks.

"It's not my birthday though," she laughed while placing her bag on her seat, obviously still shocked. There are balloons of different colors, there's a banner patched against the white board where her name is written in a huge text, there were also gifts for her and there was even a cake resting on the teacher's table for her.

I headed towards her, with a bouquet of flowers on my hands. She gasped a bit when she saw it and with a grin, I gave it to her.

"This is a surprise party for you, Sakura-chan. Congratulations for winning the contest." I greeted her. Everyone in class is proud of her for winning a Science-based competition held outside the school. That's why, everyone decided to throw a small celebration just for her.

I heard squeals from girls while some of my male classmates tapped me on the shoulder. Everyone actually knows that I'm courting Sakura Haruno. How can I not like her though? She has a nice attitude, she's determined, ambitious, and passionate. In addition, she's beautiful. She's absolutely gorgeous.

"Oi, Sasuke, aren't you going to join the fun?" I tilted my head and heard Ino calling to my friend Sasuke, who was isolating himself again. He was sitting quietly in his place, staring out the window like usual.

Jeez. This guy is such a loner. I wonder what girls see in him?

In terms of physical aspects, I think I look more handsome than him!

Plus, I'm nicer!

I'm friendly!

I'm approachable!

I think the only advantage he has against me is his intelligence. Both him and Sakura-chan are running for this year's valedictorian. I wonder who's smarter?

Nah, it's obviously my Sakura-chan.

"Teme! Come on! At least greet Sakura-chan," I said as I began to approach him. "You look like a total blockhead staring at the trees through those windows."

"Look who's talking," he scoffed.

"Can you stop being such a loner?"

"I'm not a loner. I just prefer being alone rather than to be surrounded by a bunch of idiots."

"You're so harsh, you know that?"

I inwardly smiled as I reminisced all those memories. Although Sasuke and I argue most of time, he was still my best friend. We would exchange compliments through insults; it's crazy but it's a best friend thing.

But I never really thought that he'll be my rival when it comes to the woman I love.

Sure, we've competed in terms of academics (which he easily won), sports (again, he took the win), and there was even one time that I challenged him. It was on ninth grade during our prom, I told him that whoever attracts the most girls that night will get paid with 3,000 yen by the other. And sadly, he won.