Chapter 30: Fools in Love

"I'll give you an original gold ring once we get married. For now, keep this."

There was a different feeling inside her stomach. Was it uneasiness? Was she nervous? Scared? Hurt? Happy? Confused? Dazed? Waves of mixed emotions became evident in her emerald eyes. She can't even speak. She can't even process this. All she did was look at the man in front of her while her heart throbbed harshly on her chest.

All of a sudden, Sakura's hand reached for the other, unconsciously touching the ring that she always wore. Without breaking her eye-contact with him, she parted her lips to talk. However, not even a word came out. Everything seemed to be happening so fast and there was only a single thing in her mind right now; she wanted him back.

And now, here he is.

Everyone stood quiet. No one uttered a word. Everybody's eyes were focused on the pink-headed employee and the raven-haired supervisor, waiting for them to make movements.

"S-Sasuke," she didn't know where she manage to get the strength to call him, to say his name again with him personally listening to her voice. It felt different with him around, unlike those times that she kept calling his name although it was impossible that he would hear her.

The corner of her eyes heated up. Hot tears threatened to spill any moment, in shock and perhaps happiness as well. She waited for this day to come and at long last, he finally decided to show himself. No, at this moment she cared less. Sakura didn't want to hear his explanation anymore, she just wanted to walk forward, scoop him into a tight hug until the day ends. She wanted to feel the familiar heat of his arms, smell his scent, and hear his low voice that seemed to be music for her- she missed him, a lot.

Only now did she realize how much she loves this man- too much that it became crazy and forbidden. This raven-haired man completely filled her heart that there was no space left anymore. It was scary... it was scary because her love was too big, too much.

The pinkette didn't have a slight idea where she was getting all the confidence to muster up her courage. Although slowly, Sakura decided to come near, but her foot automatically froze when her eyes landed to Sasuke's hand.

Sasuke's hand that was intertwined with someone else's.

She felt her body immediately getting numb just because of that. Her knees trembled, her lips quivered and she could barely keep her tears. Her heart died, she was sure. It was like everything around her disappeared and all she could see was him, and this painful, confusing scene. She could not speak, it was as if she was mute.

Why can't she look away? This was painful. It scratched and brought bruises on her heart. But why, why can't she just turn around? Why was she watching?

However, attempting to run away and escape this would be meaningless. She was frozen.

And to sum it all up, she despised the person who was currently holding Sasuke's hand.

She didn't want to make any inaccurate conclusions and stupid assumptions but considering that Sasuke was letting her touch him, it made her heart ache even more. Tightly shutting her eyes, she tried to calm herself.

But no matter how she tried to make another movement, her name always popped into Sakura's head.

Karin.