Chapter 14: Regaining The Memories

"I'm fine. Get out."

Sakura exhaustedly heaved a sigh as she stared at her stubborn boss. Earlier, she decided to cure Sasuke's lip with first aid but then again, he never seems to ask or receive help.

"Sir," Sakura unconsciously brushed her hair with her finger tips. "Just let me put a little treatment on your busted lip." she said as calm as she could.

Sasuke stood up from his swivel chair and faced Sakura with a cold expression, "Things got more complicated when you stepped in our lives. Sakura, Naruto was better off when he didn't remember you. We should've not let him see you."

"Sir, I-"

"Sakura, you should leave him alone. Even if he remembers you now, nothing changes. You will avoid him at any cost-"

It was actually a sudden thing what happened next.

"Fire me if you want to,"

...because Sakura slapped Sasuke.

"Yes, you give me salary. You give me money to live. But remember, you can't control my life, it's mine, not yours to play with!"

Sakura walked out of Sasuke's office, as she went straight to the rest room.

And when she got there...

...she cried.

***

Naruto went to a condominium owned by his parents and went straight to a unit. He placed six bottles of sake on his table and sat down the sofa. He began drinking the alcohol when he remembered what happened that made him regain his memories.

He sighed.

Naruto continued to drink the sake heavily, unconsciously brushed his fingers on his hair, eyes closed.

It was not surprising, actually. He was mad, after all.

He shut his eyes as the memories crossed his mind again. The memories when he was with Sakura. It was yesterday when he finally remembered everything. He had a nervous breakdown, which lead him to the hospital, specifically the Emergency room to check him.

He wasn't in danger.

He just remembered.

"Naruto, dear? It's me."

Naruto heard someone knock on the door. It was his wonderful, fiery-spirited mother, Kushina. He didn't want his mother to see him in this way, so he let her outside, still knocking. And to his luck, Kushina didn't have a spare key to open the unit's door.

"Naruto, you better open-"

But realizing her mother's personality, he knew that it was better off if he would just open the damn door.

So he did. The moment he twisted the door knob, he knew what his mother would do. Obviously, she'd give him a punch, leaving him a black eye, give him a kick where it hurts the most, and get his allowance for the whole month.

"Mom." he said, staring at the ground.

He was waiting for her to beat the shit out of himself but a few seconds later, silence just occured. He raised his head and saw his mother, staring at him with worried eyes.

"Mom, I-"

He was taken aback when Kushina hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry, Naruto." she said, "Your father and I both knew that it was wrong to keep your past with Sakura as a secret, although...somehow, we realized that your friends were just trying to protect you. That is the reason why they suggested to never let you meet Sakura. Please understand them, Naruto. They were just trying to protect you."

Protect.

They were just trying to protect.

I understand. But it still hurts, being tricked by the person who you thought that would never in a million years would try to trick you. Naruto thought.

In an instant, a tear fell down Naruto's face.

And just like a child, he cried in her arms.

***

Sakura took her bag from her working place and without looking at anyone, she tried her best to walk out with a blank expression. Nearing the elevator from the fifth floor, someone called her by.

"Sakura! Where are you going?"

She turned around to only see her friend and one of her work mates, Tenten.

She took Tenten's open hand, placed a folded paper over it and entered the elevator. But before completely going down, she gave a sad smile.

"Please give that to Sir Sasuke."

Once she went down, Tenten opened paper and shocked to see what's written.

I'm resigning.

- Sakura Haruno

***

Hello guys! :D

The wedding is on the next update. Hihi, I just want to give some feels in this chap mwahahaha XD

Yeah, sorry if I didn't update too early. I'm just showing what happens to Naruto hehehehe :P

Okay anyways see you in the next chapter! 💓