Chapter 9: Weekend With The Weasel

“Hello? Tsunade-sama?”

“Hey Sakura, I just wanted to say that our medical training today is canceled. I’m extremely busy at Konoha High and I hope you understand.”

“Oh, it’s nothing to worry about, Tsunade-sama! I understand and I can train by myself today, I can manage.”

“Are you sure, Sakura? Your medical lessons are almost complete.”

“Of course. Thank you.”

Doo-doo-doo.

I stared at the screen of my phone, sighing ever single moment. Every time I think about what happened yesterday at the mall, I found herself angry, sad, and a bit embarrassed with my boss. I know that I once again disappointed Sasuke, in a way. He only did what he thinks what’s best for Naruto since he didn’t want him to suffer anymore because of me. Even if I had the right to get furious with Sasuke, I wouldn’t. He’s trying to make Naruto forget me to lessen the pain, and I agree in what he wants to do, even if I badly want to see Naruto and be friends with him.

“Are you okay?” 

I’m actually here at Ino’s flower shop and I see that loads of people are ordering enormous and beautiful flowers. I faced her and gave her an annoyed look. She knows that I hate being asked with an ‘are you okay?’ question when it’s obvious that I’m not. Why aren’t people straightforward? I hate it when they show pity with me, I feel weak and hopeless. I appreciate the fact that they care, but seriously, asking one question as such is a bit stupid because you can clearly see that I am not okay.

“Okay, fine, sheesh. Let me ask another question. What’s the problem?” She asked.

“Nothing,”

“You can train with Tsunade-sama next week. Besides, you said you can try by yourself.”

“Idiot, do you think I’d train today at this rate? Hell no.” It’s hot today, and I didn’t go to work. I don’t wanna see Sasuke!

“Err. So what’s your problem?”

“I said nothing is the matter. I’ll go now.”

With a wave, I dashed off. 

***

Sasuke’s POV

“Is your attendance checked?” I asked my employees. They shook their head and I mentally groaned. The hell? This is one of Sakura’s duties!

“Fine. Gather around outside my office, I’ll check the attendance myself.” 

As I positioned myself near the door of my office, everyone started to gather around and look at me. When they were completed, I was given a paper by Yumi, with the last names of my employees to check if they’re absent, late, or present. 

I started calling names and some said “present” or “late”. This is too much like High school. And it sucks. This isn’t my job but I’m forced to do this, great.

“Haruno!”

When I get to her name, no one spoke. I repeated her surname, then again, silence fell. I looked around and saw everyone exchanging glances as some asked where Sakura is.