Chapter 21: Just The Way You Are

A week has passed. Of course, Sakura got peeved when Karin entered work with her usual smug look, but nonetheless she shrugged it off. Because, for goodness sake, there was no point if they declare war against each other since they're already grown-ups and not naïve high schoolers.

Sasuke also had a meeting with Kiba a few days ago, but it went more smoothly than expected.

Apparently, Sasuke knows about Kiba's feelings for Sakura. Therefore, he expected him to talk to her during the meeting, but it was just the opposite.

It didn't really bother them, though. As a matter of fact, the Uchiha was relieved when Kiba stopped flirting with Sakura.

Things were just the same, honestly. Karin's presence didn't affect anything, so maybe there was nothing to be worried about.

On the other hand, Sasuke is still courting Sakura. The news already spread throughout the corporation- which some approved, and some did not, saying that a boss shouldn't seek the hand of an employee.

Well, it's not like Sasuke needed his workers' consent.

At six-thirty in the evening, Sakura finally finished her work so she prepared to leave. Thus, she walked straight to her boss' office to inform him that she'll be heading out.

The pinkette entered Sasuke's workplace after knocking thrice. Again, she found the raven-haired male working hard as always. She tapped the desk to get his attention, to which he responded by looking at the emerald-eyed lady.

"Done already?" He asked quietly, chuckling afterwards. "I'll drive you home."

"No need-"

"I insist."

Sakura zipped her mouth in defeat. For her, she doesn't want to trouble Sasuke and be part of his priorities. She knew that he works very hard everyday; and she didn't want to become a burden. Still, she appreciates Sasuke's effort and wishes to see this romantic and sweet side of him more often.

Internally sighing, she replied after a few seconds. "Alright then. I'll wait for you outside."

***

Sakura decided to go to the rest room first while Sasuke finishes his work or whatever he was doing. She brushed her pink hair with the use of her fingers as she looked at herself in front of the mirror.

When she was about to leave, someone came out from one of the cubicles. And, it was of course, Karin.

The crimson-haired lady sighed, "You know, Sakura, I don't really like you."

"Don't worry, the feeling is mutual." The pinkette answered with a slight frown.

The latter snickered in response. She pushed her glasses up as she shook her head, almost like telling Sakura that she expected that answer.

"By the way, Sakura," Karin uttered, "Why are you making Sasuke wait? You like him too, right? So why won't you just accept him as your boyfriend?"

Those questions aggravated Sakura. Needless to say, the pinkette was a rational human being and she didn't want to enter a relationship without knowing what kind of commitments she'll be facing. But what annoyed her even more was Karin's tone of asking. It was more like she was stating that because Sasuke was finally in love with her, what's the point in making him wait? It's the same as saying that Sakura was desperate for Sasuke's love.

Composing herself, the emerald-eyed lady answered, "Why do you ask? If you want Sasuke for yourself, then try and get him. It's not like he'll give himself to you."

Another chuckle escaped the red-head's lips. "No need for that," she backfired, tapping Sakura lightly on her shoulder, "See you tomorrow."

***

"Let's have dinner. My treat, of course." Sasuke announced as he stopped his car in front of a restaurant.

Sakura's eyes widened for a moment before answering. "I don't think that's a good idea, Sasuke."

"What?" The ravenette asked. "Why?"

"Well you see, I'm all drained out after work so... I eat a lot during dinner," she answered shyly, avoiding eye-contact with Sasuke. "I have mercy in your wallet, so-"

Sasuke scoffed, gently grabbing her right hand as he slowly intertwined their fingers.

"That's okay. It's not like my feelings for you will decrease if I see you eating a lot," He uttered, a small smile across his lips. "I loved you because you're you. You don't have to change yourself or be shy just to act perfect in my eyes. You're already perfect the way you are, so don't worry."

Sakura couldn't help but smile and blush at his statement. Who knew Sasuke Uchiha would be such a romantic and thoughtful person? It made her fall for him even more.

For Sakura, she's a flawed person; very far from perfect. But for Sasuke, she was the best type of girl in this world that he wants to spend his lifetime with.

The two stepped out of Sasuke's car, heading to the restaurant to have dinner together. Sakura was indeed lucky to have Sasuke- not because he was handsome and rich, but because he accepts and appreciates her just the way she is.

*******

:D

Hello everyone! I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs- //SLAPPED//. Lol jk.

Hehe, so I tried my best to update today (June 1) even though it's already 11pm here on my country. It's my big brother's birthday, so I wanted to dedicate this chapter to him because I'm such an awesome little sister :D *ehem ehem note the sarcasm. Lol. But I'm sweet tho haha :P

But my big bro was the reason how I discovered Naruto and other animes. So yes it's a special day. Love ya brooo <33

I kinda feel like I'm rushing things... tell me if you think so too. And ghad lol, Sasuke's so OOC haha XD I was just trying to make him sexy but it turned out like that T.T

Sorry for the short chap btw. Like I said, I just wanted to post an update because of my bro ♥️

(See. I'm a sweet sister ;D)

Next update is gonna be better tho. Full of fluff again HAHAHA. Lol.

Anyways, thanks for reading! :)

6/01/15 (school starts on 8 omfg)

~PBPink