Chapter 31: Confrontation

"I'll see you at six o'clock."

"Okay."

"Later."

Sakura hung up, placing her phone on the side table beside her bed. It was currently five in the afternoon and like usual, she's inside her room. Sleeping, watching the television, surfing the internet--although boredom was getting the best of her, she didn't have anything else to do.

The pinkette sighed as she got up from her bed, exiting her room and making her way to the living room where she found Kizashi using his laptop. In silence, she made her way to the couch and sat beside her father with a curious expression plastered on her face.

"Dad, is that for work?" She questioned, assuming a 'yes' for an answer.

Kizashi nodded as he gave a small smile. "Yup-" he moved the laptop away when Sakura tried to look at the screen, much to the female's dismay.

"You've been using your laptop these past few weeks. Are you going back to America soon?" She inquired, growing more curious. "Sorry if I'm probing, I just think you should relax. You came back here in Japan for a vacation anyway."

The man chuckled at his daughter's comments, "This is just too important, Sakura. Don't worry, we'll be spending more time next week."

The emerald-eyed lady only nodded in response and planned to go back to her room, until Kizashi touched a sensitive topic.

"How are you, Sakura?" He asked quietly, shutting down his laptop. "It's good to see your smiles again, dear."

Sakura tried her best to reply despite having the urge to stop the conversation. "W-Why ask such a thing? Of course I'm fine." She pursed her lips after swallowing the lump in her throat.

Kizashi stared intently at her. After a few moments, he sighed while placing his gadget on the table. He faced his pink-headed daughter with an encouraging smile, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You'll find someone better, Sakura. Someone who's worthy of your love; someone who can value your importance. Someone who will always stay by your side."

I hope... she thought, but she brushed it off. A fake smile was soon planted on her lips as she stood up, "Y-Yeah, you're right. Anyway, I'll just be in my room." She tried to let out a cheerful laugh and immediately looked away as she ran upstairs.

Sakura locked her room and the moment she did, she realized that she was shaking... she was on the verge of tears. She wanted to get mad. She wanted to ask, why did Kizashi, her father, picked that as their topic? Why did he had to speak about it? Why did he had to remind her?

One month.

An entire month has passed ever since Sakura decided to give a resignation letter to Sasuke Uchiha. After that, she had part-time jobs just to earn money. The two of them had no connection whatsoever, the pinkette didn't even hear his name right after that. Not even texts or chats--nothing. For Sakura, it was for the best. Erasing him from her life was the first option to do. She was willing to let go; to forget. It was painful, of course, but it was worth it. Besides, it was his wish--he wanted her out of his life. She's doing him a favor.

Sakura has accepted the fact that Sasuke was with someone else. Maybe she lacked. Maybe she didn't give enough effort and importance with their relationship. That's probably the most reasonable thing to believe in.

She was doing great. She was slowly yet finally moving on. She has learned. It was the end. But the moment they talked about that sensitive issue earlier, everything entered her mind again... all the memories... all the emotions she had while those memories happened.