❤1❤

SUHANI SHARMA

SUHANI SHARMA

"Congratulations Dr. Sharma your 25th successful delivery. Yay! " Nurse Ambika shouted elated.

We were in the changing room, changing our clothes after the delivery.

I smiled at her enthusiasm, "thankyou! Ambika".

" Nah! I don't need a simple dry thank you of yours. I need a  proper party for the silver jubilee ".she smirked folding her clothes neatly.

she is in her 40s, always cheerful, and a very humble woman. she has been working with me for the last four years. She is a very hardworking lady and I respect her a lot.  Since she has two sons and always wanted a daughter, she treats me like one. she always brings some or the other thing for me to eat whenever she cooks, else it's always her husband who cooks, he is a teacher by profession. she does not get much time for cooking although she desperately loves cooking. Alas! being a nurse in one of the top hospitals of Amritsar is not an easy task. 

" Sure! Sure! " I patted her back and resumed searching for my stethoscope.

Being a gynecologist for 4 years has been quite tiring but it's my dream job. I am living my dream now in 'life hospital', one of the most reputed hospitals of Amritsar.

I remember how much I struggled to get here. First the NEET examination then 5 years of MBBS, studying day and night then MS in gyno, internships and finally I am here, where I always wanted to be and I absolutely love my job.

My parents are proud, they have only one complaint about me that I am 29 and going to be 30 in just two months and still not married.

My friends and colleagues think I lack ' love' hormone since I never dated anyone, neither has a crush on anyone.

But how do I tell them that I also tasted the sweet poison called love, I loved a person like no end. my heart also used to beat for someone who had the power to make my breath hitched every time he looked at me with those pearl eyes. A person for whom I could die.With whom I planned my future.

the same person who never thought twice before breaking my heart into pieces.

how naive I was to think that we will live together 'happily ever after'. I wonder how I managed to strike myself in that fairytale.

Gathering myself strong, like how I have been managing myself all these years, and not to end up crying like a pathetic soul like every time,  I pulled out my mobile to check the notifications.

I headed towards my cabin when vaidehi bumped into me.

Vaidehi, my high-school-time friend who knows I don't lack 'love hormones'.who knows about us. who knows all the buried secrets. 

she is a Gujarati girl. her parents live in surat, Gujarat. they always visit us once a month. since she is a pediatrician, she also does not get much time to visit them. she is a simple girl, who loves her dhokla like crazy. trust me she can put up a wrestling match if someone dares to separate her from her dhokla else she is a sweet girl. she has become my family in all these years. even our families gelled up very quickly in spite of the cultural change.